17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

I fully appreciate the bad taste of this but the media seem to revel in it - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/11/coach-emotional-return-middlesbrough-aston-villa

"Leo Percovich, Boro’s former goalkeeping coach, returns to the Riverside for the Championship play-off semi-final after losing two daughters in a car crash"

So which catastrophic loss is going to have an effect tomorrow? I think probably, neither. 

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I fully appreciate the bad taste of this but the media seem to revel in it - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/11/coach-emotional-return-middlesbrough-aston-villa

"Leo Percovich, Boro’s former goalkeeping coach, returns to the Riverside for the Championship play-off semi-final after losing two daughters in a car crash"

So which catastrophic loss is going to have an effect tomorrow? I think probably, neither. 

That's horrible.

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Listening to a couple of football podcasts this week and everyone is tipping us to get past 'boro in the semi final. Kiss of death. 

It would be yes, except there is no such thing ! :)

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Amazing

But not surprising . What terrific support we have

20180511_174038.png

Have even the odd single seats been sold or do they just stop selling them at some point? There was the odd seat all over the ground yesterday. Now there are non. 

Have a few hundred people really bought single seats since yesterday? 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Have even the odd single seats been sold or do they just stop selling them at some point? There was the odd seat all over the ground yesterday. Now there are non. 

Have a few hundred people really bought single seats since yesterday? 

Yes.

Derby had around 6000 empty seats yesterday. Villa park is almost double the size of the boro and Fulham’s ground and we sold out in days. We are a much bigger club than our playoff opponents. I have no doubt Villa Park will be rocking on Tuesday. 

We really need to be back where we belong. Come on Villa. Do this for the fans!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Derby had around 6000 empty seats yesterday. Villa park is almost double the size of the boro and Fulham’s ground and we sold out in days. We are a much bigger club than our playoff opponents. I have no doubt Villa Park will be rocking on Tuesday. 

We really need to be back where we belong. Come on Villa. Do this for the fans!!

Wow that is abysmal. But to be fair to those that went it was a good atmosphere at pride park.