17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Just on the other semi final for a minute, i didnt give rowett or derby enough credit pre match for having the ability to be so tactically astute . Fulham, as we know are the best passing side in the divsion. They pass you to death, make you lose your shape, open you up and score. Derby held their line, shape brilliantly. Fulham couldnt find a way through. Took sessegnon out of the game completely. Fulham are in trouble. Rowett has his homework done on them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Just on the other semi final for a minute, i didnt give rowett or derby enough credit pre match for having the ability to be so tactically astute . Fulham, as we know are the best passing side in the divsion. They pass you to death, make you lose your shape, open you up and score. Derby held their line, shape brilliantly. Fulham couldnt find a way through. Took sessegnon out of the game completely. Fulham are in trouble. Rowett has his homework done on them.

Mate fulham are going destroy them at home. Derby will setup to defend which sets up perfectly for Fulham to pound them.

Xia get angel down to villa park for tues nights game!!

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Just like Bruce took Traore out of the game.

its game management.

He didn't really Hutton did......but i wanted to be dramatic.

Bruce just told him to.

Edited by TRO

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Mate fulham are going destroy them at home. Derby will setup to defend which sets up perfectly for Fulham to pound them.

I am not so sure.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wouldnt bank on it. Fulham at one stage last night were practically trying to pass the ball into the night and if im honest, while they boss the ball like no other team in this league, they looked a bit rudderless when it came to pulling the trigger and finding a way through. Davies had mitrovic in his pocket.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I wouldnt bank on it. Fulham at one stage last night were practically trying to pass the ball into the night and if im honest, while they boss the ball like no other team in this league, they looked a bit rudderless when it came to pulling the trigger and finding a way through. Davies had mitrovic in his pocket.

Fulham dont become a bad team over night. They went twenty games unbeaten. They are veey dangerous. All they need is one goal. That's all.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Fulham dont become a bad team over night. They went twenty games unbeaten. They are veey dangerous. All they need is one goal. That's all.

No team becomes a bad team over night......but form is unpredictable.

It depends on when and how you appraise a team.

based on the wolves game.....we should have walked the league.....but it doesn't work like that in practice.

e.g against Fulham, blues should have won the league.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Fulham are a superb side. But they need to be able to find another way of getting to goal . I dont think derby will fold as easy as you think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

No team becomes a bad team over night......but form is unpredictable.

It depends on when and how you appraise a team.

based on the wolves game.....we should have walked the league.....but it doesn't work like that in practice.

e.g against Fulham, blues should have won the league.

Form is unpredictable I agree mate. But i cant see fulham not scoring and eith derby being capable to implode I think I can see derby losing heavy if they concede early. Rowett will be predictable and defend in numbers and play on the counter with vydras pace along with Lawrence.

I expect this will favour fulham as they will have home crowd and 're capable of scoring shed load of goals

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Form is unpredictable I agree mate. But i cant see fulham not scoring and eith derby being capable to implode I think I can see derby losing heavy if they concede early. Rowett will be predictable and defend in numbers and play on the counter with vydras pace along with Lawrence.

I expect this will favour fulham as they will have home crowd and 're capable of scoring shed load of goals

I don't see it that way.

its all about confidence.

Fulham have now lost 2 on the bounce, doubts creep in mentally....Derby defend well and Fulham looked bankrupt of idea's.

comments will be made, if Blues can beat them.....that result was a major set back.

I think Derby will pose a massive threat to them......they can actually park the bus and catch them on the counter.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

We pretty much did the same to Borough with Adamah, so I was thinking the same during the game.

If we get over this hurdle and get Derby, I feel we turn them over.

• Like 1

Fulham are a good side but they have now suffered two defeats in a row, having had the run of their lives. It was always due but the timing is cruel for them. They can turn it around but that SHA defeat will gnaw at their brains, I would not be surprised if falling behind means that they cannot get back into the tie. 

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They are not a bad team but under huge pressure they look to have buckled and are not playing as they were a month ago - I’ve watched their last 3 games and the pressure of the situation has got to them in my opinion .

• Like 1