17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wtf. Did this really happen??!!

Yeah, it did. The clip doesn’t show it, but as he approaches the halfway line he clenches his fist and does a little fist bump.

Basically he’s congratulating himself on making a good decision. You can find a few clips of him acting ****ing bizzare at times. I often hear that a sign of a good ref is you don’t notice him, I dare say Mike Dean doesn’t subscribe to that view.

As long as we win, Mike Dean can have all the headlines on the back of the newspaper for all I care.

fulham have around 1000 tickets left for the away end tonight apparently...if we play them in the final i can see us having 45k there as there's no way they're selling their 35k allocation

16 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

that's kinda what I've been saying to people at work , I'd like to see some fearless football with the youngsters and a progressive manager and let them have a crack at the Championship

if we go up we keep Bruce and will be looking to see what pensionable age players we can sign to keep us safe  .. just relieved Rooney has gone to the MLS as I could have seen us going for him

Again, this myth that bruce doesn't care about our youth players seems like total twaddle to me.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

fulham have around 1000 tickets left for the away end tonight apparently...if we play them in the final i can see us having 45k there as there's no way they're selling their 35k allocation

Was saying same thing. It will be like a villa home leg if we met them at wembley

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Again, this myth that bruce doesn't care about our youth players seems like total twaddle to me.

that isn't what I said

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

that isn't what I said

Well you and the poster before you certainly implied that under Bruce the youngsters won't get a chance and he'll instead sign a load of old players.

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well you and the poster before you certainly implied that under Bruce the youngsters won't get a chance and he'll instead sign a load of old players.

I can't speak for the other poster  ( assuming you mean the one I quoted) but i read his post to imply if we went up the U23's wouldn't get a game because they wouldn't quite be ready and we'd have to buy players in , thus they would never really develop in a way that perhaps we'd all like  ( though they could of course go out on loan )   , I don't think he even mentioned Bruce in his post ?

My post was sorta echoing this sentiment  , tbf I did suggest that Bruce would buy some more older players in the event we went up  , I think it would be inevitable from him , but I wasn't saying he didn't care about our youngsters  .. My post was more  along the lines of on paper they look a promising bunch , but we might not ever find out if we go up

Edited by tonyh29

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I can't speak for the other poster  ( assuming you mean the one I quoted) but i read his post to imply if we went up the U23's wouldn't get a game because they wouldn't quite be ready and we'd have to buy players in , thus they would never really develop in a way that perhaps we'd all like  ( though they could of course go out on loan )   , I don't think he even mentioned Bruce in his post ?

My post was sorta echoing this sentiment  , tbf I did suggest that Bruce would buy some more older players in the event we went up  , I think it would be inevitable from him , but I wasn't saying he didn't care about our youngsters  .. My post was more  along the lines of on paper they look a promising bunch , but we might not ever find out if we go up

Ah ok, I slightly got the wrong end of the stick then. Apologies.

it's a criticism that's been leveled at him on here before, that he doesn't really care about anyone in the u23 team so I probably jumped on your post a bit too aggressively :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Ah ok, I slightly got the wrong end of the stick then. Apologies.

it's a criticism that's been leveled at him on here before, that he doesn't really care about anyone in the u23 team so I probably jumped on your post a bit too aggressively :) 

You never :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I know it’s only a photo, but over the past month or so there seems to be a real confidence exuding from the club which is great to see.

credit Bruce, and probably Chester and Terry for bringing back confidence and togetherness.

Whether results haven’t been quite what we wanted on the pitch, that certainly can’t be faulted considering what we were as a club before.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Let's hope this is the scenes on the podium of us celebrating at Wembley

20180511_075200.png

Either Lansbury or Hourihane must have forgotten their antiperspirant that day. 

6 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I know it’s only a photo, but over the past month or so there seems to be a real confidence exuding from the club which is great to see.

Aside from that, as i've seen someone else say.

There seems to be a genuine happiness and brotherhood amongst the squad.

ALSO, so many likeable players pulling in the same direction, we've not had it in a long time.

• Like 4

I think a break from the Football, and knowing what we have to do has given me renewed optimism.

ALL the players are fit.

It is almost like a new mini season.

Down to them to f*ck it up or prop it up now.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN