17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

16 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

It’s also fairly meaningless. The results between Bruce and Pulis over 10 years with different teams in very different contexts aren’t  in any sense a guide to what might happen over the next two Saturdays.

Arguably the only relevant result is what happened with our current team vs their current team and we won that one.

The head to head has three wrongly posted results in it. :bang:

1 hour ago, brommy said:

I just don't see the value or point in posting "if we play like...". It's not incisive to list a few games that we played poor or well in and stating that if we play like that we'll lose or win. It's either blindingly obvious or still has a chance of being wrong!

Fair point you are making bit there have been various other posts been said here and other threads of that nature so don't think he has said anything particularly bad in that instance.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Steve Bruce vs Tony Pulis - Head to Head

06/07 - Championship

Stoke 0 - 0 Birmingham

Birmingham 0 - 1 Stoke

08/09 - Premier League

Wigan 0 - 0 Stoke

Stoke 2 - 0 Wigan

09/10 - Premier League

Stoke 1 - 0 Sunderland

Sunderland 0 - 0 Stoke

10/11 - Premier League

Sunderland 0 - 2 Stoke

Stoke 3 - 2  Sunderland

11/12 - Premier League

Sunderland 0 - 4 Stoke

13/14 - Premier League

Crystal Palace 1 - 0 Hull

14/15 - Premier League

West Brom 1 - 0 Hull

West Brom 3 - 2 Hull (League Cup)

17/18 - Championship

Middlesbrough 0 - 1 Aston Villa

making stuff up now.

Let me try:

Steve Bruce 1000000 - 3 Pulis

Lies, damn lies and statistics.... will the real Aston Villa please turn up for 3 games in a row. Do that and everything else will take care of itself, I find the growing lack of faith in our best eleven to see us through most disturbing.:ph34r:

Unless anyone happens to have some bogus stats on incorrect refereeing decisions influencing the play-off results or is that a separate thread? :bang:

Edited by Darth Villa

Over the course of the season it should be either us or Fulham. However the league has now been condensed into basically a cup run so it's all up in the air. If we can get through the first game at Boro in good shape I fancy us to beat anyone. Next Saturday is the game I am most worried about tbh.

5 hours ago, briny_ear said:

It’s also fairly meaningless. The results between Bruce and Pulis over 10 years with different teams in very different contexts aren’t  in any sense a guide to what might happen over the next two Saturdays.

Arguably the only relevant result is what happened with our current team vs their current team and we won that one.

Yet Bruce the promotion expert is rammed down our throats, even though that was different teams and years. It's almost like only positive facts about Bruce are allowed. 

Edited by Dick

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Hate to quote Trump but that's fake news, bizzarely turning pretty much every result into Pulis beating SB.

In 06/07 Birmingham beat Stoke 1-0 at home.

In 10/11 Sunderland beat Stoke 2-0 at home.

In 11/12 Sunderland beat Stoke 4-0 at home.

Wierd one for sure.

Edit: Was going to say not sure what sort of agenda the poster has against SB but then I noticed who the actual poster is....:lol:

I was certain I read an article earlier in the season which claimed Bruce had not beaten Pulis up until they met each other in Pulis' first match in charge of Middlesbrough earlier this season. The same stat was posted by DaveAV1 a few pages back.

The scorelines are all correct but I got those 3 results the wrong way around. I did it in a rush to be honest. I have an injured arm which I really shouldn't be using.

38 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I think the key is us scoring first. As the (real) stats show, that this season, once we take the lead we win. 

Hopefully sneak a 1-0 at the Riverside again, and then control the game at VP to win again. 

I agree. When we don't score first we struggle and struggle badly.

My concern with boro is the pace they have. We are not known for our pace in this team.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Hate to quote Trump but that's fake news, bizzarely turning pretty much every result into Pulis beating SB.

In 06/07 Birmingham beat Stoke 1-0 at home.

In 10/11 Sunderland beat Stoke 2-0 at home.

In 11/12 Sunderland beat Stoke 4-0 at home.

Wierd one for sure.

Edit: Was going to say not sure what sort of agenda the poster has against SB but then I noticed who the actual poster is....:lol:

Truly amazing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dick said:

Yet Bruce the promotion expert is rammed down our throats, even though that was different teams and years. It's almost like only positive facts about Bruce are allowed. 

Allowed no, but surely they should be encouraged? 

My opinion is probably not worth much, having been labelled as a Bruce fan boy throughout the season, but surely, with us about to begin the playoffs, could we not look to be positive, maybe just for one week?! 

48 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Allowed no, but surely they should be encouraged? 

My opinion is probably not worth much, having been labelled as a Bruce fan boy throughout the season, but surely, with us about to begin the playoffs, could we not look to be positive, maybe just for one week?! 

More than  happy to. UTV. 

Huge game. Cant wait. Be nice to see us turn up in the big matches and not bottle it. 

Boro will be tough over two legs. Traore Downing Gestede will all be extra pumped for this one. 

9 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I was certain I read an article earlier in the season which claimed Bruce had not beaten Pulis up until they met each other in Pulis' first match in charge of Middlesbrough earlier this season. The same stat was posted by DaveAV1 a few pages back.

The scorelines are all correct but I got those 3 results the wrong way around. I did it in a rush to be honest. I have an injured arm which I really shouldn't be using.

Not your right arm is it?