17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

7 hours ago, KSV said:

Huge game. Cant wait. Be nice to see us turn up in the big matches and not bottle it. 

Boro will be tough over two legs. Traore Downing Gestede will all be extra pumped for this one. 

Gestede can be as pumped as he want, he'll probably just trip over himself.

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I came to this thread to see if everyone else was pumped for the match Saturday. 

My mistake.

Instead we are discussing how Pulis has already won the match against Bruce.

Except it's Villa v Boro. 

Wrong. It is going to be settled the old fashioned way. Queensberry rules.

27 minutes ago, 8pints said:

If we score more goals than 'Boro I'm confident we'll get through.

I wouldn’t be so sure. Won’t we have goals deducted because of Pulis’s previous record against Bruce?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chewie said:

Marcus Speller from The Football Ramble has Villa down to beat Fulham in the final to win promotion. Good enough for me :thumb:

would have preferred a Moorestradamus backing

• Like 1

9 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I wouldn’t be so sure. Won’t we have goals deducted because of Pulis’s previous record against Bruce?

Great comment, and we don't always agree. I've never been Bruce's biggest fan but to think anyone is not behind the team for the next two matches is absolutely mental. 

• Like 2

Downing got 3 goals 7 assists (or so whoscored.com say) all season so I don’t think he’s going to tear us to shreds or anything. 

Traore is more if a threat, but I think he operates more in a scatter gun approach. Eventually he hits the target, but if you can limit his chances he’s not that dangerous.

Don't read the boro Gazette they really do think they will walk all over us and that we will see a different boro to the one we beat earlier on. 

Your also going to see a new villa as we were not particularly good in December we started picking up from janaury