What's wrong at Villa?

turvontour

What will happen tonight?

Many things....  but amongst them......will we pick up their 3 best Players Ritchie,Gayle & Shelvey?

I doubt it.

We should be playing them like they wished they wasn't playing.....Instead they will probably pepper our Goalie.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

What will happen tonight.

Many things....  but amongst them......will we pick up their 3 best Players Ritchie,Gayle & Shelvey

I doubt it.

We should be playing them like they wished they wasn't playing.

For me Ritchie was Bournemouth's best player. Who ever plays left back will have his hands full. Bet Bruce reverts to 3 at the back

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

For me Ritchie was Bournemouth's best player. Who ever plays left back will have his hands full. Bet Bruce reverts to 3 at the back

I will be watching with interest in how much freedom, they get.

I know its not as easy as it sounds, negating a teams best players.....but tell that to teams who are up for it.....they make it there business to be a nause......and thats where we need to get back to.

• Like 1

Despite a completely new team, we are still so mentally weak. As soon as we concede, we go to pot, sit back and start launching the ball. I really don't know what we are going to do to change it. Even if Bruce goes we'll just ruin another manager.

Purely hypothetical, but where do you think we'd be in the league and where do you think Newcastle would be in the league if we started the season with their players and they started with ours? If we were fielding Clark, Dummett, Colback etc. Would we be top?

Edited by turvontour
Spelling

15 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Purely hypothetical, but where do you think we'd be in the league and where do you think Newcastle would be in the league if we started the season with their players and they started with ours? If we were fielding Clark, Dummett, Colback etc. Would we be top?

Nope.

Benitez actually works on coaching players and tactics. The last few managers we have hired don't, it's obvious to see. Bruce even has said in the past he doesn't do tactics.

What we need is a coach, someone who can drill these players to working with a set style. We are playing as individuals and not a team. There is no team spirit either.

He doesn't believe in what he is doing, 3-5-2 one week and the next drops it completely. He is doubting himself.

I guess the ownership situation at Hull (Hull tigers etc) gave Bruce the platform to get team spirit there almost a siege mentality if you like. Overall though, he doesn't fit the profile of what we need going forward.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We'll sack Bruce, in will come the next manager and we'll still be shit, no matter who it is.

Incorrect. If we get a good manager our fortunes will improve vastly. The problem as I've said earlier in the thread is that appointing a good manager appears to be beyond us. 

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We cannot attract a quality manager, tha'ts the problem!

How do the likes of Huddersfield, Fulham, Reading etc manage it? Squandering vast sums on Championship level players in transfer fees and wages when the money would be far better spent on a proper talented manager who would know how to set up a team and develop players.

*Disclaimer, nobody outside of knowing whats going on at BMH can possibly know whats wrong, and most certainly i dont, however.....

Heres one thing i dont get, I dont see any of the principles of football in our play. week one you work on defending, role of pressuring, covering, balancing defenders, functionally what you want your 1-11 to do when the ball is in XYZ position. Shape in denying space, transition of each line as a unit, getting into players, backpressing, defending the counter attack etc...

Once all the defending is done you work on penetration, breaking lines, playing in between opposition units, getting on the half turn, driving, mobility to find space. Speed in transition when you win the ball. If thats not open, you work on creating width thru #7/#2 and #11/#3, giving support and depth to each player to switch the point of attack, working on playing at a speed of play that the opposition cannot handle, bouncing the ball and setting it to underneath players, getting players who want to get on the ball in the team.

I see none of this, I cannot tell you why, but my best guess is they are either not being taught this, or are not following instructions.

Only have to look at Silva at Hull to see a team being taught/and or executing instructions, the change in them has been phenomenal.

Edited by Dom_Wren
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Same as ever...we play o.k at 0-0.

As soon as the opposition go in the lead it's game over.

Never known a period where several Villa teams have as little fighting spirit as the ones we've assembled over the last 18 months.

This for me. The players are bottlers. They don't have any fighting spirit at all. The biggest bunch of pussies I have ever seen.

Scared to play in front of 30k fans. Bunch of babies 

9 hours ago, villa89 said:

Incorrect. If we get a good manager our fortunes will improve vastly. The problem as I've said earlier in the thread is that appointing a good manager appears to be beyond us. 

We appointed a good manager (at this level at least) and he's turned to shit.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

We'll sack Bruce, in will come the next manager and we'll still be shit, no matter who it is.

Almost impossible to be any more s**t than this.

I know its not the sensible thing to do and probably further enhances our status as a shambles of a club but honestly Steve really isn't helping us out is he? What is he doing to turn this crap around? Rotherham/Wigan/Blackburn are all picking up wins. Warnock is flying at Cardiff. Despite all the negative aspects around our club at the minute can anyone honestly say there isn't a manager in the country who could be doing better than this?

Â