Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

He clearly doesn't fit in to Bruce's tactics, but I'm not too fond of the idea of flogging him and buying a target player instead to lump the ball to. Can as well keep playing Samba up top.

I would love to see Hogan get a run in the team with players like Grealish and O'Hare behind him and see what he can do.

Before todays game it was all about playing Hogan and Davies toghether. After the game it's playing Hogan infront of Grealish, O'Hare and Omaha. Wake up, Hogan is not better than gabby.  Davies or Kodjia up front from now on. 

• Thanks 1

Summed up by the moment when a Wednesday defender missed a header, and a startled Hogan received the ball on the edge of their penalty area, got frightened by a defender five yards away from him, and passed the ball back to Samba on the halfway line. 

Is he luckless, lacking confidence or just shit? it doesn't matter - we need someone else who fits our style. 

• Like 3

Just now, terrytini said:

You could be right 

I've honestly seen nothing to suggest he's anything but an average player who was going through a decent spell. 

All this nonsense talk about world class movement and natural finishing. He's a very poor player. 

I imagine his agent did us a treat once that West ham deal fell through 

8 hours ago, omariqy said:

Only one good thing today when he went on a good run and showed real pace. Unfortunately he didnt take his chance and was average. 

Yup, the one stand out moment in 90 minutes of anonymity. I was expecting him to be a constant threat, doing exactly that  thruought games.
Whatever the cause might be, him not making runs, players not playing  him in, it does not seem to be working out.

Biggest disappointment for me yesterday. He's waited a long time for that chance, he's waited a long time to start up top with another striker. Wasn't fed with any chances but equally didn't do any where near enough to get himself in the game. 

• Like 1

Â