Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

A number of reasons

1. If we sell him we have funds to replace him

2. Loaning means a player departs leaving us in the striking department already a area we are short in

3. Let's say we do get promoted hogan going on loan wouldn't have benefited us at all as hogan isn't scoring in championship so he would probably flop in premier league 

i think keeping or selling is better than loaning. Just don't see how that benefits us

You're right. I was probably thinking about the scenario of us not going up. 

• Thanks 1

Anyone see Brentford's goals today. One of was a cross to the strikers feet allowing him to turn and shoot. The other was a pullback from wide position. Both goals were the kind he would thrive off. 

I wouldn't say he hasn't got enough service at Villa. It just hasn't happened for him. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyone see Brentford's goals today. One of was a cross to the strikers feet allowing him to turn and shoot. The other was a pullback from wide position. Both goals were the kind he would thrive off. 

I wouldn't say he hasn't got enough service at Villa. It just hasn't happened for him. 

You have to make it happen.

Yes, i watched the game.

He was scoring them goals.....he is just in a dodgy groove and needs to pull out of it.

easier said than done.....but hard work on the training ground is usually the only answer.

fine margins success and failure.

i am not suggesting aggression is the answer to everything, but he needs to approach his game with more aggression or mental approach to winning.....his demeanor looks a little passive, when he does get a chance.....He should be chomping.

Edited by TRO

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The thing is if we play like that way I dont think it suits the rest of our team. the way Bruce has them setup might not be the ebst on the eye but its effective and wins games 

• Like 1

I thing Hogan and Davies could strike a productive partnership, Hogan makes some clever runs and his positioning is also good. Davies could create the opportunities for a Hogan type player to thrive.

It's just a pity that Hogans dreadful injury record has prevented them playing together. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

I thing Hogan and Davies could strike a productive partnership, Hogan makes some clever runs and his positioning is also good. Davies could create the opportunities for a Hogan type player to thrive.

It's just a pity that Hogans dreadful. 

Fixed for you

57 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I thought we were discussing Hogan's feet?

Anything to hijack a conversation though with your own empty rhetoric hey?

How's Gabby getting on lately? 

NO, what you said was "Pity Hogan is dreadful", which I responded to. When you "Fixed" tinkers post.

That's quite straightforward. 

EDIT: You talk about empty rhetoric then bring up Gabby. lol. Pretty shit diversion tactics all round.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

NO, what you said was "Pity Hogan is dreadful", which I responded to. When you "Fixed" tinkers post.

That's pretty straightforward. 

EDIT: You talk about empty rhetoric then bring up Gabby. lol. Pretty shit diversion tactics all round.

Ah right, thanks.

How is Gabby getting on?

Surprised you haven't been begging for him to be in the team again lately..........with all his end product...........

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ah right, thanks.

How is Gabby getting on?

Surprised you haven't been begging for him to be in the team again lately..........with all his end product...........

You do realise you are descending further into pettiness with even WORSE end product right?

You've obviously run out of useful things to say. :rolleyes:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You do realise you are descending further into pettiness with even WORSE end product right?

You've obviously run out of useful things to say. :rolleyes:

Obviously, says the person who came up with "Anything aside from placing ANY blame at the feet of Bruce hey?" on a Scott Hogan thread.

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is if we play like that way I dont think it suits the rest of our team. the way Bruce has them setup might not be the ebst on the eye but its effective and wins games 

Totally agree but then why did Bruce sign him?

3 hours ago, tinker said:

It's just a pity that Hogans dreadful injury record has prevented them playing together. 

The ony way Hogan will have any success in a Bruce team is playing off of a big man. 

46 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Totally agree but then why did Bruce sign him?

I have no idea its baffling.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Would he though?

Maybe he would, but he shouldn't. He doesn't fit. He would be making a few sub appearances.

Id say because davis has looked knackered esp against QPR. There is no other strikers and hogan can score goals so you would have to say he probably would have started one of the three games

I don't think Hogan can handle being at a big club.

He may do okay at shite like teams Rochdale and Brentford where nothing is expected of him.

Whilst our style of play is different to Brentford's there is no excuses for him not being able to do the basics.

His first touch is crap, he can barely pass a ball 10 yards and when he does get a chance his finishing has been bollocks.

12 minutes ago, KHV said:

I don't think Hogan can handle being at a big club.

He may do okay at shite like teams Rochdale and Brentford where nothing is expected of him.

Whilst our style of play is different to Brentford's there is no excuses for him not being able to do the basics.

His first touch is crap, he can barely pass a ball 10 yards and when he does get a chance his finishing has been bollocks.

This! 

Early days you could maybe say we didn't play to his style. But this season it's been nothing to do with style. He has just been really poor. Pressure, confidence, fitness. Whatever it is. He didn't look a player. 

I hate to say it because I think he has good ability.

Â