Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

I think he is a much better player than what he has delivered so far at VP, but I'm beginning to acknowledge that we aren't going to see the best of him under Steve Bruce. 

48 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Oh I don't think Hogan was forced on him. I'm 100% sure Bruce signed off on him and agreed to it. But I think on the whole Bruce is part of a team that will sign players. He was a complete panic signing and IMO that's why it's been a failure, I don't think Bruce should or could change it for hogan and continue to get the points we have. 

I'd much prefer Davis continues his development and our attacks built around him than try to force such an average limited player into the team. 

He was very much a Bruce signing.

49 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Oh I don't think Hogan was forced on him. I'm 100% sure Bruce signed off on him and agreed to it. But I think on the whole Bruce is part of a team that will sign players. He was a complete panic signing and IMO that's why it's been a failure, I don't think Bruce should or could change it for hogan and continue to get the points we have. 

I'd much prefer Davis continues his development and our attacks built around him than try to force such an average limited player into the team. 

I think everyone would prefer to see Davis ahead of Hogan - I just don’t think Bruce has ever given him the opportunity to show what he can do - or not do for that matter- but I don’t think it matters now - I feel strongly he’ll return to Brentford in a cut price deal 

I don't know what he is doing at BMH to perfect his game.....but Leo Bonatini was heard saying he is working on his game to improve.....well if he feels he has to, blimey.

Scott has to work overtime to to improve his skill set, if he has any desire to play for us.....his skills set is too narrow.

He looks busy when he comes on and has that effervescence of Dean Saunders.....but he has to do much more to hurt the opposition.

as Gary Player the golfer once said " The harder I work, the luckier I get"

over to you Scott.

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He was very much a Bruce signing.

I didn't get the notion too many fans were disappointed.

I was pleased when we signed him.....I still think there is something in there, but unfortunately for us his confidence must be very low.

For me....Its of little value looking back.....He needs to work harder in training to find a way to fit in to our side.

If he is already doing that, then he won't make it with us, sadly.

However,I think its doable....I also think him playing with O'Hare with his little threaded balls would help Scott.

also, I am equally not suggesting disrupting a winning team.

Tricky.

54 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I think everyone would prefer to see Davis ahead of Hogan - I just don’t think Bruce has ever given him the opportunity to show what he can do - or not do for that matter- but I don’t think it matters now - I feel strongly he’ll return to Brentford in a cut price deal 

He did start our first 3 games of the season 

43 minutes ago, TRO said:

I didn't get the notion too many fans were disappointed.

I was pleased when we signed him.....I still think there is something in there, but unfortunately for us his confidence must be very low.

For me....Its of little value looking back.....He needs to work harder in training to find a way to fit in to our side.

If he is already doing that, then he won't make it with us, sadly.

However,I think its doable....I also think him playing with O'Hare with his little threaded balls would help Scott.

also, I am equally not suggesting disrupting a winning team.

Tricky.

I wasn’t suggesting they were, I personally think he is a good player.

But I said after his second game for us that it wouldn’t work for him under Bruce and it won’t.

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

shouldn't be on the pitch , confidence is shot and this team aren't going to do anything to improve it

Doesn't he have a responsibility to try and improve it? Can't always be on the team. He does nothing to get himself in the game. Stats show once again has the least amount of touches of players on the pitch. 

• Like 1

Â