Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Good got rid of some dead wood and wages. Championship is probably his level.

It was a stupid signing as Bruce never, ever, played to his strengths.

I enjoy getting on bruce as much as anyone but what are his strengths to play to?

He's not fast, he's not good with the ball at his feet, his hold up play is atrocious and his finishing is poor.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Good got rid of some dead wood and wages. Championship is probably his level.

It was a stupid signing as Bruce never, ever, played to his strengths.

Reportedly on 60k a week so that's 3m saved + 1 or 2m we may of got for him 

Wages off our bill. Would have got a promotion pay rise so that 45k or what ever he was on is now bringing our summer spending back down.

Just jota, 2 keepers and lansbury to go and that should be another 100k plus pw saved.

I'm guessing the hogan wages just go to jack now ?

Could the announcement be any briefer 😂😂😂

Not much love from the club. 

We must surely be paying a percentage of his wages? They wouldn't be able to get anywhere close to whatever dumb deal we offered him. 

Suprised a better club didn't come in for him to be honest. He did score a load of goals before lockdown and has obviously before. 

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I enjoy getting on bruce as much as anyone but what are his strengths to play to?

He's not fast, he's not good with the ball at his feet, his hold up play is atrocious and his finishing is poor.

Hence the reason Dean never opted to Use him,  we all thought Dean Smith would have gotten the best out of him here but Hogan and Villa where not meant to be 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

I was just saying £2m would be fantastic - I don't believe we got anywhere near that myself.

I think we may have. 

We will have to have paid off most of his wages so a £2m fee would cover most of that and just go straight into his back pocket. 

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

Hearing it was around £1.5m fee, but we've paid up part of the last part year of his contract (41 weeks, at about £12.5k - the difference between his contract here and the contract in Mordor). So about £1m cash in the bank.

But in reality - received £1.5m. Saved £0.5m in wages that we were expecting. We're £2m richer this year than expected.

Not in a billion years will there be a £12.5k difference between what we are paying and what they are offering. 

He will have been paid out by us to the tune of around £2m I reckon.  Any transfer fee probably straight to him.  All we've done is lose his wages. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not in a billion years will there be a £12.5k difference between what we are paying and what they are offering. 

He will have been paid out by us to the tune of around £2m I reckon.  Any transfer fee probably straight to him.  All we've done is lose his wages. 

He has 41 weeks left on his contract, and we would only be liable for any reduction in salary for this period - there is no compensation, just his earnings, which we can offset against his new contract.
Your £2m over this period is almost £50k a week as a drop in salary, and with them giving him what, £5k - £10k a week, this would mean he was on almost £60k a week here? No, Lansbury was on the highest a couple of years ago, at around £40k (FFS).

The website below has a list on contracts (no idea if they're right, but they seem pretty close overall), and they list Hogan on £910k a year - £17.5k a week. I was told it was a bit higher than this, but I have no evidence.
https://www.spotrac.com/Premier League/aston-villa-fc/contracts/ 

In either case, there is no way he was on anything like £55-60k a week. Given recent salary info, he'd account for nearly 10% of our wage bill. On this basis, I'm happy with what I put.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Omg superb !

Off to off topic you go.

One of the biggest flops in our history 

I didn't want to think of the list in front of him for that prize. (It's extensive)

Have to admit, every time he played I raged.

But he was merely a symptom not the diseases.

I honestly think he tried so good luck to him

sacha baron cohen dancing GIF

One last Dance Hogan, farewell and goodluck at the junkyard, shame it didnt work out.

It feels like a massive cloud has lifted over VillaPark with Hogan leaving I must say.

Edited by Dave-R

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Now its giggle time at the City, I give you there sillyness to read, what a day.

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2910952

Even the formatting and website design is desperate. Some of those can't spell. My eyes why did I click on that shit. The Birmingham mail is better. Now I'm off to gouge my eyes out I can't unsee that crap.

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Even the formatting and website design is desperate. Some of those can't spell. My eyes why did I click on that shit. The Birmingham mail is better. Now I'm off to gouge my eyes out I can't unsee that crap.

Lmao nice one.

Some of the comments made me laugh, especially the one where someone said Hogan can be there Jamie Vardy.

Another comment that to save face wed charge 200k so it didnt make us look like idiots that we were giving him away free. ( What a bunch of idiots to think we wouldn't of came and dropped him off and paid them to take Hogan from us. Weve been looking for so long for someone stupid enough to take the bloke off of us that it had to be them didnt it) 

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

Not sure what to say. You may not have been the most prolific of goal scorers but at least you were capable of opening your gates when called upon to do so. 

May the Stockholm syndrome kick in quickly. 

Â