Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

I wonder if the new manager can put to bed the perennial argument of whether Hogan is any good or not? 

A possession based game in the attacking third would suit him better imo, with people picking his runs and supplying him. 

Going to struggle to have a possession based game in the final third playing the worst striker at keeping the ball, i've ever seen wear the shirt. 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

He'll be third choice behind Codge and Tammy so he won't see much game time.

Unless he pops up in midfie............oh, no, phew.....................must’ve been a nightmare......

It would be interesting if Dean Smith is appointed the new manager as they worked so well together previously.

Just shows how lopsided our squad is, which other team in our division has 2 £10m+ plus strikers that cant even get into the team.

We get it you don’t like him. What usually happens is New manager = fresh start for everyone including Hogan. Personally I hope he comes good under the new manager rather than discarding him completely. Some managers get the best out of certain players, not saying it’s the case here but to dismiss it completely is pretty poor.

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If Dean Smith is the manager we all hope he is, hogan will still be sitting on the bench or in the stands most of the time. 

I think the history between them will mean he at least gets a chance to prove himself. Your absolute dislike of him seems a little irrational. No question that some managers get more out of some players than others and likewise some systems suit some players more than others.

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

I think the history between them will mean he at least gets a chance to prove himself. Your absolute dislike of him seems a little irrational. No question that some managers get more out of some players than others and likewise some systems suit some players more than others.

It's very rational. Its based on watching an awful football player. The idea he is suddenly going to completely change into a good player for us is irrational. I'm sure he will get a chance. I'm sure he won't take it

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

It's very rational. Its based on watching an awful football player. The idea he is suddenly going to completely change into a good player for us is irrational. I'm sure he will get a chance. I'm sure he won't take it

But he was once a good player... for Brentford, hence us buying him, so your logic doesn't stand up I'm afraid. He 'suddenly became awful' under Bruce because Bruce didn't use him properly. He may not take his chance, but I hope he does mostly because it will benefit Villa if he does. For you to dismiss that as a possibility before it has the chance to be proven one way or the other suggests a closed mind.

• Like 3

Â