Ratings and Reactions: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

After what seemed like a fantastic transfer window I feel so deflated.

So many hoof balls.

Ball never on the ground.

20 yards between midfield and Kodjia.

Narrow pitch and play 3 central midfielders.

I can go on but Bruce must take the blame today! 

Its not about time to gel, these people are professional footballers getting paid obscene amounts of money. They couldn't even do the basics. 

Truly worrying. This season is finished, I already worry for next!!

• Like 1

I've been supporting Villa since 1961 and I have never seen things as bad as this, not even in the dark days of the third division.

I know every Villa fan apart from me idolises Dr Xia and thinks he has been great for the club but actually what has he brought us? He's spent about £90m so far and bought two almost completely new squads in six months and is already on his second manager - and I guess there's a good chance Bruce will be sacked in a few matches if things don't improve quickly. And things are just spiraling downwards. We look like a club with no sense of purpose or any capacity to pull ourselves out of this slump.

So, not feeling so good about things this evening.

I thought we looked really good tonight. For the first 15 minutes!!

We then stopped playing, Brentford remembered they wanted to show Hogan he was making a very big mistake and our frailty was exposed once again. A team that struggles to win at home came up against one that struggles to do anything other than lose away and the result was Brentford's first ever win against us. Back to reality tonight with a bump!  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, decamoto said:

2 main things I've issues with:

Amavi has been consistently poor for us. 'Potential' doesn't always come good - see Westwood. His attacking potential doesn't make up for his defensive weaknesses at the moment.

I cannot fathom how we made no subs til the 70th(?) minute. There was literally no positives to support not changing things.

This was our worst performance in the last 6 years and that is terrifying. 

Thing is, I don't think it was at all. That is even more terrifying.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Manager's interview at least suggests he saw what I did.

He apologised to the fans, said it was embarrassing and one of those that you remember as a manager and as a player, said there was a lot of work to be done and that we couldn't just expect to buy our way out of this league, that we had to work, do the basics and play as a team, which we didn't do.

$64m question. Is he now going to make sure we do that?

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Manager's interview at least suggests he saw what I did.

He apologised to the fans, said it was embarrassing and one of those that you remember as a manager and as a player, said there was a lot of work to be done and that we couldn't just expect to buy our way out of this league, that we had to work, do the basics and play as a team, which we didn't do.

Trust me ," sorry " won't get us into the play - offs . It's action we want not feeble words .

Keeper and full backs are very poor - defence looks all over the place and no confidence since Johnstone arrived .

we were outfought and outplayed by a team who wanted it more - do these players just come here for the big money easy wages and think they've made it - tonight was pathetic and not one player deserved a wage .

we have looked far worse since calderwood arrived here and Brighton look better since he left - a lot of questions to be answered - unacceptable !

• Like 1

Â