limpid

Match Polls  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

After witnessing tonight's shambles , I'm thinking maybe Dean Smith would of been a better option .

I doubt it, whoever is in charge seems doomed to failure.

As the Great Suprendo used to say... 'Piff Paff Poooofff...' Bang goes all that optimism.

As abject and unresponsive a performance as I have seen. That's not my Villa... it really isn't. Fortunately, I'm out doing night photography in London on Saturday so I don't have to suffer the spectre of Tshibola and McCormack come back to bite us on the buttocks.

I voted Lansbury as MOTM, just for the head injury survival. Everyone else can swivel for a bit. Couldn't care less about you right now.

Fiddlesticks.

Thought Grealish was decent when he came on. The game was crying out for him far earlier. Would like to see him start next match although probably will be at the expense of Green. As bad as Adomah's been, he's scored and assisted more previously so probably keeps his place. Also Bree in for Hutton surely?! And Jedinak for Thor. 

• Like 2

Last night was poor- really effing poor so much so I switched off early to do the washing up. Much more enjoyable!

im refusing to get too disheartened though as I saw glimpses of passion from our new midfielders (even if they were fouls!)

im prepared to give you another (and another..) chance Villa  

please don't let me down  

Edited by chrisvilla4

a colossal mistake by bruce to throw in a complete new midfield from the start - puts huge pressure on them , and makes a rod for his own back .

he compounded that mistake by tardy substitutions - feeble.

managers are being judged on their tactics and substitions .

bruce may be headed for the exit this season.

in particluar to start  bjarnsen , who was obviously way off the pace for whatever reasons, was stupid .

we are desparate for quality .

ps tishoba looked better to me than any of the new signings , and weve let him go ! another albrighton ?

Edited by jackdaww
ps.

I think we can all agree, Steve Bruce is not a good manager. In the early games we were nicking a goal and getting a late draw or win. Now, we are showing the true Steve Bruce colors. Relying on individuals to make things happen, we are playing very poorly as a team.

There was no pressing of the Brentford team at all, our striker was isolated and we kept on lumping long balls to him. Where's Plan B Steve? We were 2-0 away from home at half time and you make no substitutions until about the 70th minute. What were you seeing in the first half that we weren't? The team and the tactics needed to change and you did nothing, Explain why you didn't change things at half time !!

We got turned over by a well organized young team and a manager that gets the best out of his team. We made the safe choice in appointing Bruce. Proven track record, Blah, Blah, Blah. We got it wrong again. I have seen nothing that gives me confidence this will turn around. Steve, stop taking photos of Ross McCormicks front gates and spend more time on the training ground. We should have appointed Dean Smith last time around, hopefully we will rectify our mistake and fix it at the end of the season. That's how you prepare a team for a game, you don't just throw them on to the field and wait for an individual to do something special. We are a BAD team.

I too had to turn it off after the 2nd Brentford goal. I can cope with going 2-0 down but i cannot cope with watching that tripe week in week out.

I'm hoping SB was massively distracted this week with all the goings on in the window and it caused him to take his eye off the ball coz otherwise what the heck are they doing at training? We surely have one of the best teams in the division on paper but tactically they look like they have not got a clue.

All Brentford did was basically go for us knowing we may lack cohesion. I think we scared them early on in the game but then Smith just popped a guy on Lansbury and that was that! Pathetic really, was that the only tactic they had chance to prepare or something in the week?

Hopefully we get a reaction on Saturday as i'd say we have about 3 games to start going on a huge winning streak else this season is over and never really even got started.

Well I've slept on it.  Had a coffee and and a wa... er wash, and here's my take...

Any hopes of getting into the playoffs on the back of our new signings - gone i'm afraid.  It was always going to take a miracle for them all to hit the ground running, gel instantly and get results from the off.  Last night showed just how long that might take.

Sadly the rest of the season is going to be a bedding in period.  There may well be a few more games like last night still to come, but we should start to see shoots of recovery and some good football emerge at the end of the season.  It wouldn't surprise me that come the final 5 games, we're the in form team in the league, but it'll be far too little too late.

With a bit of luck, this summer we won't have to change too much. We might just add one or two real quality players, but without causing too much disruption.  Then just hope we start well and make a real go of it.

• Like 1

Absolutely dreadful.

Maybe it was just the stadium and the colours of the home team, but it reminded massively of that 3-0 Doncaster game years ago.

Positives? I don't think there are any. green looked good I suppose.

My comment would be that it was very much a midfield problem again, although in a different way to usual. I hope that's just due to the new personnel not bedding in yet. Thor and Hourihane especially were passengers.

It can only get better... right?

2 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

As the Great Suprendo used to say... 'Piff Paff Poooofff...' Bang goes all that optimism.

As abject and unresponsive a performance as I have seen. That's not my Villa... it really isn't. Fortunately, I'm out doing night photography in London on Saturday so I don't have to suffer the spectre of Tshibola and McCormack come back to bite us on the buttocks.

I would assume they are ineligible to play against us, that's how it normally works.

A real problem for us is we always lose the 2nd ball when clearing it out of defence.Brentford always played it out,found a pass and counter attacked

We hoof it out ,lose it and have to defend again. On a different note I've seen posts on other forums calling Griffin Park a hole. We should remember

how lucky we are to support a club that plays somewhere as regal as Villa Park. Not every team can. I really enjoyed standing behind the goal-a real

throwback to the 3rd division days. Anyway SB has to show he can mould a TEAM now before its too late.

• Like 1

For that first 10 minutes I kept thinking 'Here we go'!

Im glad there were a few debutantes playing that I can use as an excuse for what happened after!

Ill be very interested to see the mindset of the players against Forrest, will tell a lot!

• Like 1

I honestly can't remember playing a team this season that hoofs the ball up the field and waits for something to happen more than we do, its just hopeless, lazy and brainless football and it starts with the manager I'm afraid.

Brentford certainly weren't doing it last night.

• Like 2

Â