Ratings and Reactions: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Don't even want to do a write-up. That was dire. Serious question marks over Johnstone. New signing didn't impress. When they started marking Lansbury after about 15 mins we were completely stifled. Embarrassing second half.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Manager's interview at least suggests he saw what I did.

He apologised to the fans, said it was embarrassing and one of those that you remember as a manager and as a player, said there was a lot of work to be done and that we couldn't just expect to buy our way out of this league, that we had to work, do the basics and play as a team, which we didn't do.

Trouble is, the Dr. obviously thinks it is possible. He backed RDM heavily then lost patience with him. Now he has backed SB heavily... how long before he pulls the trigger again?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Thing is, I don't think it was at all. That is even more terrifying.

If it is or it isn't, that's beside the point.  The fact is we've spent millions on supposedly decent footballers ,and yet play like Wimbledon of the eighties , go figure .

I was sat just behind the dugouts. Very worrying for me to see how little influence Bruce had on proceedings. He stood, he watched, he argued with the 4th official but he did little in the way of directing players or passing on tactics.

Woeful performance by Villa who didn't even make Brentford work for their three goal win. 

Little in the way of positives for me, other than the fact that my ten minute journey home was better than that of most villa fans. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, macandally said:

Well done Brentford, game plan, quality high press at the right times and as a team.  Showed us what a championship team should be able to do.

Sorry but you are seeing a modern, hands on coach against two dinosaurs in Bruce and Calderwood and a beginner in Clemence. We are bloody clueless.

As bad as we were, the credit goes to Brentford. One of the best performances ive seen in this league. Well done to them. Where do we start with Villa? About as bad a performance i think i have ever seen from a Villa team.........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

Why can't the Villa play pass and move football. I mean Brentford can do it with worse players on paper.

Because you have to rely on being allowed to.....they stopped us playing, we stood off them, and wished them well.

• Like 1

Bruce got it wrong and was too stubborn to change it. Could see after 25 mins where the game was heading. Absolutely no desire to turn it around from all quarters. No subs til too late, no player to drag us back into it. Hopefully just a very bad experiment.

Saddest thing for me is that losing 3-0 to Brentford doesnt even come as a surprise.

• Like 1

"Can we get any lower than this?"

It's like this question whence uttered by a single Villa hopefully ushers a solemn enquiry to mephistoles himself to skullfuck all the collective enthusiasm we so labourously scrambled. Yes of course it can and shall get bloody worse than this. It's practically a fundamental law of nature. Scientists studying calamity take note.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Because you have to rely on being allowed to.....they stopped us playing, we stood off them, and wished them well.

No you don't have to be allowed to at all. That's what the move part is all about. Move well enough and if a team presses high they gift you space. We neither moved nor passed well enough from 10 mins in onwards to eploit the fact they were charging up the pitch at us.

In answer to Romavillan.

If a team closes you down, it makes it very difficult to play like they did tonight.....we allowed them to play like that.

We should have gone out closed them down early and denied them space and grew in to the game.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

No you don't have to be allowed to at all. That's what the move part is all about. Move well enough and if a team presses high they gift you space. We neither moved nor passed well enough from 10 mins in onwards to eploit the fact they were charging up the pitch at us.

We stood off and allowed them to play like that.....of course you can pass and move, if no one goes with you.

we started all wrong......you nullify and then grow in to the game.

Well that was **** dire. Thank McGrath I only live 40 miles up the road, sorry for the traveling fans.

First 15 minutes it was long 'here we go'....then we started sitting right off them, as soon as they worked us out, game over.

We were well stretched at 4-3-3 and I was certain Bruce would make us a 442 at half time....then after the third goal....no, fick all.

I gave Green MOM as he took on a few and made things as interesting as it got.

I've given so much faith to Bruce but this one is on him entirely.

I'm spitting

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

We stood off and allowed them to play like that.....of course you can pass and move, if no one goes with you.

we started all wrong......you nullify and then grow in to the game.

Our start was the best thing about us, then they changed their shape to put more men in the middle and we crumbled and never adapted.

• Like 1

Â