limpid

Match Polls  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Because we have a turd of a manager. Hopefully Tony and supporters realise this sooner rather than later.

Ran out of likes but you are right, Bruce is a turd of a manager.

with all the transfer activity i expected some improvement in quality .

no way , just business as usual , outplayed , minimal chances , kick and rush , always second to the ball , and hopeful punts upfield .

the midfield (!!!!) a rabble.

it could have been six easily .

bruce should not have started a complet new midfield together , and he was much too slow to make changes.

bardjson and hourihane should have come off at half time , they did nothing .

amavi as sloppy as ever .

green was BY far our best forward , what does that say about kodjia and adohma , who i am beginning to think are flops .

bottom six beckons , dont be fooled..

Dinosaur of a manager. Lansbury is not a defensive midfielder, Hourihane shouldn't be playing on the right side of midfield and if we want to score then we need players getting in their box, not just hitting long balls to Kodjia and hoping the wingers are gonna get a loose ball and create something with only Kodjia to aim at. The way he set us up our midfield couldn't even defend. Terrible manager.  Fair play to Brentford, they destroyed us.

5 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Because we have a turd of a manager. Hopefully Tony and supporters realise this sooner rather than later.

Look, I'm not at all happy with Bruce right now, but do you honestly believe things would be much different with someone else? This has happened time and time again. Players play shit, mentality is pathetic, manager gets sacked, new manager comes in and eventually things revert to type. Even changing the players doesn't seem to help really.

• Like 2

Utterly utterly dreadful display. As I said in the match thread I will cut the players a little slack because they have so little playing time together but having said that the individual performances were dire to a man. How come we drag decent players down to our level of abject shiteness?

Added to that what was Bruce doing? Sign a decent midfield, we hope, so if plan A fails after 10 minutes we hoof it over them to a lone striker....pub team tactics IMO. 

As for Johnstone is goal? He makes Gollini look like Buffon. A complete liability.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I honestly don't know why people are still worrying about how many points off the playoffs we are, you need to be winning every other game in this league to worry about going up. Can anyone honestly see us doing that? We are just as close to the relegation zone.

Just trying to be positive. / deluded. 

What exactly were Bruce's credentials ? A few promotions,and what followed ? Yes , it's beginning to look like yet another disastrous managerial  appointment . 

We want more than to just go up . We are more than a mid - table mediocrity club ,but right now ,we' ll be lucky to finish mid - table in the league we 're in .

The doctor deserves better than that for his money .

• Like 1

It's so refreshing to have a manager that tells it like it is in the post match interviews, really great to have the manager of the club confirming just how shit we were, slightly galling that he is the only person that can do anything about it but at least he agrees with us!!!!

2 main things I've issues with:

Amavi has been consistently poor for us. 'Potential' doesn't always come good - see Westwood. His attacking potential doesn't make up for his defensive weaknesses at the moment.

I cannot fathom how we made no subs til the 70th(?) minute. There was literally no positives to support not changing things.

This was our worst performance in the last 6 years and that is terrifying. 

• Like 2

Manager's interview at least suggests he saw what I did.

He apologised to the fans, said it was embarrassing and one of those that you remember as a manager and as a player, said there was a lot of work to be done and that we couldn't just expect to buy our way out of this league, that we had to work, do the basics and play as a team, which we didn't do.

1 minute ago, decamoto said:

2 main things I've issues with:

Amavi has been consistently poor for us. 'Potential' doesn't always come good - see Westwood. His attacking potential doesn't make up for his defensive weaknesses at the moment.

I cannot fathom how we made no subs til the 70th(?) minute. There was literally no positives to support not changing things.

This was our worst performance in the last 6 years and that is terrifying. 

It certainly is terrifying when you have already exhausted all possible options to do something about it.

• Like 1

Â