Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

Giroud seems to get better every season. I remember his first season at Arsenal, was very average holding the ball up with his back to goal, infact his general technique was mediocre. Also a perception at Arsenal he wasn't good in the big games. Masterful performance yesterday.

Edited by VillaChris

I don't know what he was doing with that hand ball yesterday, but Paul Pogba has been sensational since he came back from injury. A true Rolls Royce midfielder. Not too many of them around anymore. United really need to upgrade on Matic and Fred and get someone on Bruno's level to sit in midfield with him if they hope to keep him for next season.

On 23/07/2020 at 19:54, Keyblade said:

I don't know what he was doing with that hand ball yesterday, but Paul Pogba has been sensational since he came back from injury. A true Rolls Royce midfielder. Not too many of them around anymore. United really need to upgrade on Matic and Fred and get someone on Bruno's level to sit in midfield with him if they hope to keep him for next season.

Generally I defend him when the press attack but thought he was woeful when he came on v Chelsea in the cup SF. Constantly giving the ball away which even at his peak he did with the long passes he attempts but offered little intensity tracking back.

so simple to say but Aubameyang is the most underrated player in the Premier League. He isnt flashy or amazingly skillful but is a goal machine.

70 goals in 109 games is incredible especially for a mid table team

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

so simple to say but Aubameyang is the most underrated player in the Premier League. He isnt flashy or amazingly skillful but is a goal machine.

One of the best strikers in world football underrated?? 

18 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

One of the best strikers in world football underrated?? 

He is never mentioned among them though when they talk about the good strikers. Maybe because he plays for Arsenal he goes under the radar 

Actually before yesterday I thought Auba had underwhelmed a bit in the big games for Arsenal. Missed a penalty last minute v Spurs in 18/19 that would've got them top 4 in the end, hardly touched the ball in the europa final and this season he did an awful miss in last minute v Olympiakos.

Yesterday pushed him into the Alexis bracket at least. Still a bit behind likes of Henry and Bergkamp although of course they played in way better Arsenal teams.

Need to find a better link up striker than Lacazette to really kick on next season.

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

Perhaps he doesnt get the plaudits like Aguero because hes been playing in a  team who have massively underachieved. Hes right up there with the best strikers in world football. 

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Perhaps he doesnt get the plaudits like Aguero because hes been playing in a  team who have massively underachieved. Hes right up there with the best strikers in world football. 

Of course, i would have him over Kane any day maybe Aguero as well 

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Franco Baresi

Brilliant defender.Always so cool reminded me a bit of Keith Richards (not that Keith was good at defending especially at corners)

I remember a story about Platt who swapped shirts with him at the end of a game when he was playing in Italy and he said most shirts smell quite sweaty but his smelt of Aramis.

He has won so many trophies ,I remember watching a champions league semifinal and he got booked so he would miss the final but he acted like it was nothing to him.

Edited by Only2McInallys
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

goretzka to me seems to be a typical Bayern Munich signing

broke through at schalke, got a lot of games, looked really good, was great for the U21s and flirted with the national team, had a bit of a ropey injury record meaning he doesn't play every game, signs for Bayern on a free transfer which should be considered outrageous but gets met with a shrug and a "that's Bayern for you" was part of a national team that didn't perform at a tournament, slips out of the lime light then pops up a few years later with a reminder that he's a great player

they have so many great players playing at a really high level that then aren't discussed when it comes to collating these daft lists of players and then also some players who haven't been watched for a few years and are remembered in a way that doesn't reflect where they are now, boateng and neuer for example

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

they have so many great players playing at a really high level that then aren't discussed when it comes to collating these daft lists of players and then also some players who haven't been watched for a few years and are remembered in a way that doesn't reflect where they are now, boateng and neuer for example

Kimmich also goes under the radar, 25 and has nearly 50 German caps already and accomplished in a number of positions

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Kimmich also goes under the radar, 25 and has nearly 50 German caps already and accomplished in a number of positions

Bayern being Bayern...one of the best RBs in the world...don't play him there

kimmich, alaba, koman walk in to pretty much every team in Europe, davies is shaping up as the best LB in the world

javi Martinez, Thiago and colisso surplus to requirements in the middle

They had 5 Frenchmen on the bench yesterday :D 4 of them full internationals, 2 WC winners and the 5th one a mainstay in their U-20 team.

Apparently Pavard might be fit enough to start at RB in the final.

• 3 weeks later...

Really impressed with Haaland every time I watch him. He reminds me more and more of Gabriel Batistuta as in he has that absolute belief that he is going to score every time he gets an opportunity.

Just brimming with confidence and makes it look so clinical. 

Â