Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

On 27/01/2021 at 20:15, Zatman said:

Nick Pope, best English keeper about 

But you cant just be a great goalkeeper, in the modern game you have to be able as play well. Not my opinion, but its what modern managers think like. 

Edited by PaulC

• 3 weeks later...

What to people think of Richarlison?

Just scored v Liverpool and while he lacks composure in final third on occasions in his two full seasons at Everton he usually scores 15 goals plus a decent number of assists.

Only 23 and a regular Brazil play so feels like he'll explode in next year or two and a major club will come in for him.

• Like 2

Just now, VillaChris said:

Just scored v Liverpool and while he lacks composure in final third on occasions in his two full seasons at Everton he usually scores 15 goals plus a decent number of assists.

Only 23 and a regular Brazil play so feels like he'll explode in next year or two and a major club will come in for him.

Agreed good player, works really hard and doesn't often get the plaudits this season as DCL gets the goals.

Loves feigning an injury so would fit right in at a big club like Barca.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Runs his legs off every game too, wouldn't mind having him here fighting it out with Ollie, very unlikely we'd get him though.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Runs his legs off every game too, wouldn't mind having him here fighting it out with Ollie, very unlikely we'd get him though.

Everton signed him for 50m!

Wanted double that when Barca were sort of linked a year ago so would be talking of similar fee to what we'd want for Jack.

• Like 1

He’s a good player. I can imagine Everton’s value of him is going to be substantially higher than what clubs would be willing to pay for him though after their outlay to get him in.

He’s not at the elite level to be commanding a £70m+ fee for me. But it could happen as a panic buy (Ousmane Dembele style).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Everton signed him for 50m!

Wanted double that when Barca were sort of linked a year ago so would be talking of similar fee to what we'd want for Jack.

Agree, it would take some major upheaval at Everton for them to start breaking it all up but they seem to be in very safe hands.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Romelu Lukaku absolutely incredible, hard times at the end at United but unplayable at the moment 

It's hard to buy into this for me.

I still think if Lukaku came back to the prem he'd struggle to score 20 a season and look a bit shit sometimes.

I'd like to be wrong but you see how players like Immobile did in Germany and it makes you think Serie A is a comfortable stomping ground for a certain type of player these days.

5 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I still think if Lukaku came back to the prem he'd struggle to score 20 a season and look a bit shit sometimes.

I'd like to be wrong but you see how players like Immobile did in Germany and it makes you think Serie A is a comfortable stomping ground for a certain type of player these days.

No different to his record in the Premier League, he has over 100 Premier League goals playing for average teams. Inter have given him confidence and he has grown outside of his goals record

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

No different to his record in the Premier League, he has over 100 Premier League goals playing for average teams. Inter have given him confidence and he has grown outside of his goals record

He's always been a very good goalscorer, just the obvious issues with his touch and back to goal play but I assume that's improved in Italy. Also a perception he messes up in the big games, didn't he score the own goal in the europa final last season to win it for Sevilla?

Inter really should win Serie A this season though with AC Milan falling away and Juve in transition.

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Lukaku will always score goals. he managed 20 plus goals a season three time for Everton. Probably on  par with Harry Kane although different types of cfs. 

I think people see his poor technique and regular bad first touch and think he's not really an elite player. But he knows what he's about and he gets the job done. I bet centre backs absolutely hate playing against him. 

Edited by villa89

4 hours ago, Rino8 said:

He broke the PL 100 club by the time he was 25.

• Like 1

I think he's more like kane than he is like a benteke

And that's his problem, man utd didnt have a clue how to play him

He's too easy to stereotype but he's got far more to his game than a simple big strong target man 

Calum Wilson was on track for 18 goals this season but lukaku at a top team wouldn't get 20? Come on.... 

• Like 2

Â