Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

When I was typing the 1st message the thought came in to my head "imagine if Victor Valdes was an actual goal keeper" 

He's one of the best but then what he does is still fairly new, take Schmeichel for example, what Allison does was never asked of big Pete, different style of football

I think Buffon probably the best I have seen in actual goalkeeping but I think for sweeper keeper Van Der Sar was one of the original and still one of the best up until his retirement

• Like 1

On 12/03/2020 at 10:10, villa4europe said:

Gimenez on the bench for atleti last night, FM beast for a few years now, anyone know if he's a back up? would have thought a PL club would come sniffing 

savic was immense saying that, head or foot thrown at everything

Been a regular since about 20 (was starting for Uruguay at 18) and interesting that Godin-GImenez has been their first choice for many years and now one has left and the other can't get a game.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2020 at 14:01, VillaChris said:

Been a regular since about 20 (was starting for Uruguay at 18) and interesting that Godin-GImenez has been their first choice for many years and now one has left and the other can't get a game.

He was out for 2/3 months and they didn't rush him back in as Felipe has been brilliant. Gimenez is still a top player. Godin has struggled a lot as an outside CB in a back 3 at Inter though...

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Julian Brandt is wonderful to watch when play is going through him, was fantastic today.

Yeah he struggled a bit at first - some games were particularly poor and he looked increasingly low on confidence as a result. Was improving greatly as the season went on though - not unexpected since he's clearly a talented player - and he was excellent today.

From what I've seen of dortmund this season they've switched him about a lot, he's not the out and out winger that I thought he was 

Looking back at the uproar in the uk media when germany left sane out of the WC and were then dogshit, part of that was brandt getting the nod, he's a good player, definitely in the same bracket 

Anytime I have seen Brandt out wide he has looked pretty average if honest, seen him play inside for Leverkusen and Dortmund and he is a completely different player. I think some players are pushed wide when younger like Jack as well and even Milner instead of being given a chance in a more central position which I think is more down to the character of the manager

250 career goals for Thomas Muller, he has always gone under the radar but that is incredible stat for a wideman who has never been the main man in the team like a Ronaldo or Messi

Alphonso Davies... He is still young, but man I think he is on track to be great. Excellent pace, decent crosser of the ball and has taken over the left back role at Bayern. I know this is a bit hyperbole, but a few pundits 😂 over here stateside consider him a world class left back

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Alphonso Davies... He is still young, but man I think he is on track to be great. Excellent pace, decent crosser of the ball and has taken over the left back role at Bayern. I know this is a bit hyperbole, but a few pundits 😂 over here stateside consider him a world class left back

Not hyperbole at all. He's played better than any left back in world football this season imo

• Like 1

Yep, Davies has been unbelievable this season. Seems to have everything. Will be interesting to see how he performs, especially defensively, on the very biggest stage, but he continued to be excellent against Dortmund which was obviously a big test.

• Like 1

On 26/05/2020 at 19:25, Villaphan04 said:

That’s because same as RBs there aren’t as many genuinely good ones as there are for other positions 

Robertson is probably the best LB in the world right now, after that you’re talking Alex Sandro and then on to the older players starting to decline like alba and Marcelo, Davies is definitely in that conversation, crazy thing is if he played there a full season so would alaba

TAA is probably the best RB, Kimmich would be in that conversation 

I’m sure Lucas can cover LB and pavard can cover RB (was frances starting RB in the World Cup final)

• Like 1

Â