Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

They have zinchenko, angelino is ahead of him though, City flogged a few youngsters to try and comply with FFP, think he's got a buy back clause 

Plus then you throw in peps love of making full backs play anywhere other than full back, seen angelino popping up seemingly everywhere 

Theo Hernandez has really stepped up to another level this year. He's chipping in with a few goals as well which is always a nice bonus for a defender but mainly he's been one of the best players on the pitch each time I've watched Milan this season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

Theo Hernandez has really stepped up to another level this year. He's chipping in with a few goals as well which is always a nice bonus for a defender but mainly he's been one of the best players on the pitch each time I've watched Milan this season.

He was pretty impressive going forward last season as well, think he was the top scorer until about January last season. Real have let him and Hakimi go for practically peanuts and could have been full backs for the next decade

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He was pretty impressive going forward last season as well, think he was the top scorer until about January last season. Real have let him and Hakimi go for practically peanuts and could have been full backs for the next decade

And Reguillon as well

Ronaldo "Fenomeno".

Could have potentially ended up the best of all time.

Youngest player to win the ballon d'Or. And the year he first won it, should have been the second time, as he missed out by a single vote the year prior, to that fella from Dortmund.

He had everything you could ask for from a forward, all to a world class caliber, the Fenomeno, was phenomenal. And he was doing it when he was still in his teens.

His goal records were the best, from age 16 playing as a pro in Brazil, through to his times playing at the highest level possible. One a game, over roughly forty game seasons.

Even after coming back from crippling injuries, and having a metabolic disease which made athletic endeavors come virtually undone. He still shone.

That Brazil team at the turn of the millennium, is my favourite ensemble of footballers outside of being a Villa supporter. Without doubt. 

Ronaldinho and Rivaldo were artists, painting opponents red as they executed with magical finesse.

I think Fenomeno was potentially the most dangerous of any of the Brazilians from that era, though, Ronaldinho's craft puts him in a category of his own, it has to be said.

But in terms of killer instincts, I'm gonna pick this ball up, and it's going into the back of that net, I think the Fenomeno was best.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 2

Can see what the fuss was about Tierney at Celtic. Was injury hit for Arsenal last season but showed his quality in the run in. Played very well this season despite starting in a couple of different positions and how s*** Arsenal have generally been.

Scotland got some really good players now in key positions.

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Can see what the fuss was about Tierney at Celtic. Was injury hit for Arsenal last season but showed his quality in the run in. Played very well this season despite starting in a couple of different positions and how s*** Arsenal have generally been.

Scotland got some really good players now in key positions.

Arsenal are linked with Christie as well now from Celtic

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Foden another you could add to that list, should get a run of starts in Man. City now.

Problem for Foden is Pep rotation which gives him no consistency or rhythm. Jones at Liverpool is playing probably more minutes at the moment and wouldnt be surprised if he is in the Euros squad

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Foden another you could add to that list, should get a run of starts in Man. City now.

That's what I mean, stick kane up top because that's happening and so it should

Behind him though... Grealish, maddison, foden, Mount, sancho, sterling, rashford, Greenwood 

Then you throw in Hudson odoi is back getting minutes, Alli if he gets his move to PSG and hits form (he'll at the very least hit stats) we'll make noise over Barkley if he stays fit, saka as a wide man and not a wing back

Imagine only picking 2 of them so you can cram in another defensive player instead, madness, the quality is in attack not defence 

Rate Hudson Odoi out of the least out of all those, don't get the hype about him at all.

Would have Eze ahead in the pecking order although if Grealish can take 18 months to break into the squad I don't hold out much hope of him coming in late into the euros squad. He's not even a regular starter for the under 21s so can see him deciding to play for Nigeria in the near future as Victor Moses did.

yeah id say he's the weakest out them all too but even then he's 3rd or 4th choice for the winger position, its not bad, throw in saka's versatility too, played RW vs baggies

LW - grealish / sterling / rashford

RW - sancho / greenwood / HO

AMC - foden / mount / maddison

thats attacking midfielder depth to dream of, got to push mount deeper to one of the 2 CM roles and then you're looking at grealish / foden / maddison as the number 10, with kane, sterling and sancho in there too, if they're all in form thats as good an england attack as ive ever seen, all capable of passing and moving, quick sharp football and we have a kick and rush manager...

• Like 1

All about how weak the CB options are really.....Mings wouldn't be getting close to the squad a decade ago, Maguire has got back in form after woeful start to the season, Gomez probably will miss tournament injured, Dier played well for Spurs but he will still be exposed v the best strikers and then you get to Conor Coady and Michael Keane....

Konsa should certainly be in contention for March games but I suspect he'll only come into the reckoning for the 2022 cycle.

yep thats the problem

and southgates answer is to try and reinforce our weakness rather than play to our strengths, the defensive 4 isnt good enough so the answer is to go with 2 holding midfielders which still isnt good enough so lets go with a defensive 5 and 2 holding midfielders instead and we're still not good enough...

the answer to me is to go semi-pep, if the defence isnt good enough then try and maintain the ball high up the pitch and press further up too, after the comments he made about jack's pressing i watched the front line closely, we're very bad at it, 1 man at a time stuff which just doesnt work, if he was brave and named the best front 4 that he could and then a midfield duo of say henderson and mount we'd be looking north of 60% possession vs the majority of teams, as it is instead we have the likes of dier and rice in there who great they can tackle and they can intercept, good players for when we dont have the ball for a team that should have the ball!

if england played to their strengths then we wouldnt need declan rice in midfield, we need the likes of rice because we have the likes of rice

i seriously dont think there and many, if any, better attacking / midfield units in world football than what england could play if they wanted to

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

All about how weak the CB options are really.....Mings wouldn't be getting close to the squad a decade ago, Maguire has got back in form after woeful start to the season, Gomez probably will miss tournament injured, Dier played well for Spurs but he will still be exposed v the best strikers and then you get to Conor Coady and Michael Keane....

Konsa should certainly be in contention for March games but I suspect he'll only come into the reckoning for the 2022 cycle.

Can't believe you've missed off Renaissance Man John Stones . . .

• 2 weeks later...
Â