Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think he's more like kane than he is like a benteke

And that's his problem, man utd didnt have a clue how to play him

He's too easy to stereotype but he's got far more to his game than a simple big strong target man 

Calum Wilson was on track for 18 goals this season but lukaku at a top team wouldn't get 20? Come on.... 

I think Benteke at Villa was better but Lukaku was younger, developed better and had some poor management at United

On current form he should have 100 goals in Premier League and serie a by the end of next season 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Zatman said:

It doesnt get noted enough because of his sometimes ridiculous shenanigans but Pepe has been one of the best defenders of the last 20 years and still going strong

He was superb against Juve.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think Lucas Moura could be one of the lost talents of his generation, he always looks dangerous and impressive but seems that maybe managers have never really trusted him over the years. He was up there with Neymar when he joined PSG in terms of young talent in the world

He was brilliant tonight

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Lucas Moura could be one of the lost talents of his generation, he always looks dangerous and impressive but seems that maybe managers have never really trusted him over the years. He was up there with Neymar when he joined PSG in terms of young talent in the world

He was brilliant tonight

I've always wondered why he's never really broken into that top tier. Heck of a player whenever I've seen him.

36 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

I've always wondered why he's never really broken into that top tier. Heck of a player whenever I've seen him.

He lacks consistancy over 90 minutes I think. Better as impact sub although I agree was excellent tonight.

ALways seen him as wide player but Spurs had him coming short centrally and he caused us issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

He lacks consistancy over 90 minutes I think. Better as impact sub although I agree was excellent tonight.

ALways seen him as wide player but Spurs had him coming short centrally and he caused us issues.

That always seemed the most logical explanation to me, as well—that he could really impact a match but often went missing. I wonder how much of that is down to stamina versus focus or discipline.

When he went berserk versus Ajax in the Champions League a couple years ago, I think he was playing centrally and he was fantastic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JamieZ said:

That always seemed the most logical explanation to me, as well—that he could really impact a match but often went missing. I wonder how much of that is down to stamina versus focus or discipline.

When he went berserk versus Ajax in the Champions League a couple years ago, I think he was playing centrally and he was fantastic.

Think he wasnt helped when in great form he got dropped for the final for an injured Kane who probably demanded to play

I really like Pulisic. Although we'll never get him a player in that style/skill-set would be a perfect fit for what we need.

We need to find the pre-Dortmund version with some good scouting somewhere.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

35 years old and Luka Modric is still dominating the Champions League midfields. He has been so brilliant and consistent that he could be sneakily being a contender when mentioning the greatest centre midfielders ever. Another masterclass tonight

• Like 1

Jude Bellingham, what a player he's going to be. Heard his interview after their Man City game and he seems very grounded as well....... as brummie as Jack. Letting him go to Germany without trying to get was a real disappointment to me. 

25 minutes ago, tinker said:

Jude Bellingham, what a player he's going to be. Heard his interview after their Man City game and he seems very grounded as well....... as brummie as Jack. Letting him go to Germany without trying to get was a real disappointment to me. 

We ain't competing with Dortmund lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

We ain't competing with Dortmund lol.

That's the attitude you have , he went for 25m and left his home city , doesn't take much to work out we had leverage but I admit it would have been a long shot. 

9 minutes ago, tinker said:

That's the attitude you have , he went for 25m and left his home city , doesn't take much to work out we had leverage but I admit it would have been a long shot. 

He turned down man utd to go to dortmund... 

And he's from Stourbridge, he has no association with villa at all or despite what them lot down the road will tell you the city of birmingham, we didn't have leverage, his mom lives out in Germany with him, his dad stayed in the UK cos he's a fairly high ranked cop in brum 

I've never met him, I used to play in the same team as his dad but that's like ships that passed in the night didn't even know it until recently, the lads that do know his dad well and met him say he's a really nice kid, switched on and been brought up right 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He turned down man utd to go to dortmund... 

And he's from Stourbridge, he has no association with villa at all or despite what them lot down the road will tell you the city of birmingham, we didn't have leverage, his mom lives out in Germany with him, his dad stayed in the UK cos he's a fairly high ranked cop in brum 

I've never met him, I used to play in the same team as his dad but that's like ships that passed in the night didn't even know it until recently, the lads that do know his dad well and met him say he's a really nice kid, switched on and been brought up right 

Going to be a great player. Shame we missed him at school boy level but suppose we was all over the shop at that time .

42 minutes ago, tinker said:

Going to be a great player. Shame we missed him at school boy level but suppose we was all over the shop at that time .

he got a chance to play for his boyhood club in an academy that was giving players a chance. I dont think we had any hope

7 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I don't watch Dortmund that much anymore. Are Sancho and Bellingham similar players?

Also, how do they compare to players like Sterling or Hazard?

Bellingham is a box to box midfielder. Very impressive technical ability, positioning, awareness and athleticism for a 17 year old. If he continues to develop he'll be among the best in the world in his position. If he doesn't he'll still have a good career.

13 hours ago, tinker said:

What, a realistic one?

He's arguably the best 17 year old in world football. We've spent the last decade fighting relegation and hoping for a play off spot.

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

I don't watch Dortmund that much anymore. Are Sancho and Bellingham similar players?

Also, how do they compare to players like Sterling or Hazard?

Sancho is a lot like sterling imo but a lot less bambi on ice in his running style, he seems to be able to play as an out and out white line winger or come inside, he's a good player but has patchy form which kind of epitomises dortmund, I thought before Xmas he should have been dropped by England but after Xmas he was better 

Bellingham from what I've seen is pure composure, not phased by anything, plays the game in a fashion that makes it look slowed down for him and in complete control, can play in various CM roles

Out of the 2 Bellingham looks the better prospect but in a position that's less flashy, utd would have a terrible move for Sancho, he's already Billy big bollocks and causes trouble at dortmund, he could disappear up his own ass whereas Bellingham doesn't seem the type (albeit he's also not a £100m £150k a week footballer yet) 

The one I know nothing about but FM has as a wonderkid is 17 year old winger bynoe gittens, think he's another they stole from man city's academy 

Edited by villa4europe

Â