Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

On 24/05/2020 at 12:45, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Edmond Tapsoba is unbelievable

He really impressed me when I watched them v Bremen. Fantastic composure on the ball, reminded me a bit of Laporte so can see some big clubs calling in a year. Remember the hype around Jonathan Tah not so long ago, now he can't even get in ahead of Dragovic who didn't play much at Leicester.

Leverkusen have brilliant scouting. Now they are a good example of progressive team signing mainly under 25s although they keep guys like the Bender twins who have become experienced old heads.

Edit: Leverkusen will probably sell Leon Bailey and Tah to premier league clubs for 60m in the summer with the press still hyping up those two which will allow them to keep the ones who are actually still good for another year.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Not hyperbole at all. He's played better than any left back in world football this season imo

I know he's playing elsewhere in the team but think David Alaba to Man. City is nailed on in the next year if Guardiola sticks around for a few more seasons.

33 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I know he's playing elsewhere in the team but think David Alaba to Man. City is nailed on in the next year if Guardiola sticks around for a few more seasons.

Only if he gets bored at bayern 

Maybe underrated / much forgotten about when compared to the Liverpool, utds, barca, Madrid, juve etc but that's the bracket bayern are in, they're a proper huge global elite club, with utd declining they're top 5 in world football, hell be living a very comfortable life there 

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Only if he gets bored at bayern 

Maybe underrated / much forgotten about when compared to the Liverpool, utds, barca, Madrid, juve etc but that's the bracket bayern are in, they're a proper huge global elite club, with utd declining they're top 5 in world football, hell be living a very comfortable life there 

His contract is running down I think and I think Bayern might let him go with Davies making the position his own. Ready made for Man. City anyway given the number of positions he can play, worked with Guardiola before and left back still remains a relative weakness for Man. City compared to the rest of the team.

was looking at PSG due to the transfer thread and then started having a bit of a think about it

Varane, pavard, zouma, lenglet, kimpembe, LaPorte, umtitti, Upamecano, kounde, konate, Diallo, zagadou, todibo, saliba, sarr

the technical term is "stacked"

• Like 1

The PSG academy is producing a ridiculous amount of talented players these days.

Quite a few of them seen to end up in the Bundesliga.

And Paris as a city seem to be the biggest producer of talented young players these days.

Paul Pogba, Anthony Martial, N'Golo Kante, Kylian Mbappe, Ibrahima Konaté, Riyad Mahrez and Yacine Brahimi...

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Another goal for Havertz, he chooses the right team he will go very far in football. Potential Ballon Dor winner and is so versatile 

I imagine a lot of people who don't usually watch the Bundesliga are getting in on the hype.

Cracking player already. If he doesn't end up going to Bayern on a free once his contract is up he'd be perfect to replace Firmino at Plop.

When I saw him live he played centre midfield with Brandt and ran the show, his style reminded me of Grealish and was unplayable. 

Bayern be a bad move, United certainly. Real be a sensible move 

Bayern be the perfect move tbh. They won't spend the money needed to sign him so it will have to be after next summer or in 2022 when his contract is up.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

When I saw him live he played centre midfield with Brandt and ran the show, his style reminded me of Grealish and was unplayable. 

Bayern be a bad move, United certainly. Real be a sensible move 

5 hours ago, sne said:

Bayern be the perfect move tbh. They won't spend the money needed to sign him so it will have to be after next summer or in 2022 when his contract is up.

Obviously the perfect move is to play alongside Grealish in our midfield 

• Like 3

Lewandowski has now scored now against every current Bundesliga club

How funny football is if Big Sam had of signed him in 2010 but the volcanic ash stopped him traveling to Blackburn to finish the deal. He could have been the next Vaz Te or Kevin Davies

• 1 month later...

I could see Cantwell having a similar trajectory of Henderson. He has similar attributes, can play a few positions and he has a good work ethic. 
He’ll get a big money move this summer, not be a big hit straight away, but will eventually work hard to improve and get to the very top.

5 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Jay Rodriguez.

A fighter with a decent finish. Would have preferred him in our side over any of our front line.

Would have been murder if we signed him in summer. One of most hated opposition players in modern times 

8 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Jay Rodriguez.

A fighter with a decent finish. Would have preferred him in our side over any of our front line.

Top player. Good at everything. Had a bad ACL I think it was much killed all his momentum.

Good finisher off both feet. Good in the air. Intelligent. Selfless. Hard worker. Bargain of the summer for me.

On 18/07/2020 at 18:33, Zatman said:

Would have been murder if we signed him in summer. One of most hated opposition players in modern times 

A few goals would have fixed that I'd imagine. Most people have pretty short memories these days.

4 minutes ago, Hornso said:

A few goals would have fixed that I'd imagine. Most people have pretty short memories these days.

This is VillaTalk, a couple of goals is fine. a misplaced pass in a defeat it would be brought up quickly

Â