Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

On 2/15/2018 at 11:23, villa4europe said:

ronaldo's penalty technique is doing the rounds this morning, he stamps his left foot down causing the ball to pop up so he can volley it with his right

thats mental

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Hughes said:

James Maddison at Norwich. No shit, easily one of the best players in the Cchip and only 21. Sign him up Bruce. 

Totally agree here, top player and surely good enough for the league above.  If we get promoted we'd have a chance of signing him I reckon, if we don't, next to no chance. 

1 hour ago, Hughes said:

James Maddison at Norwich. No shit, easily one of the best players in the Cchip and only 21. Sign him up Bruce. 

Should've got him from Cov last year.

Destined for a top-division career.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2018 at 11:23, villa4europe said:

ronaldo's penalty technique is doing the rounds this morning, he stamps his left foot down causing the ball to pop up so he can volley it with his right

thats mental

Should be investigated as that's basically 2 touches of the ball.  Ban all Ronaldo penalties!

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

David Silva a footballing artist. Probably Man City greatest player ever and probably wouldnt be far off Spains greatest either

He’s gone under the radar since he’s been there. Never seems to be in the conversation when pundits asking the question of genuine world class players in then Prem but he walks into almost any side in the world’s 11 imo.

I’ve always thought Ki Sung Yeung is a decent player. Just seen him on MOTD (first time I’ve watched this season) and he ran the show, but before that I’ve always said good player. Apparently in free in the summer, likely to get a better offer, but if we went up I’d love us to try to get him. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't we go after him one of the years Lambert was here and he wanted about 80k a week.

I agree, good player when fit and motivated.

Yeah does ring a bell, not sure on the amount he wanted. Saying that, if you(or your agent) knew how Randy Lerner was handing out massive wages to very poor players, wouldn’t you ask for as much as possible?

Need go after next James Maddison I mentioned him when at Coventry and knew he was going be a top player.

two lads who have impressed me at four coventry games I have been to this season.

Jordan Shipley and Tom Bayliss. Both will make Coventry millions.

Both already being looked at by Premier League clubs. They are both talents. 

Edited by Villan4Life

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve always thought Ki Sung Yeung is a decent player. Just seen him on MOTD (first time I’ve watched this season) and he ran the show, but before that I’ve always said good player. Apparently in free in the summer, likely to get a better offer, but if we went up I’d love us to try to get him. 

His form has been inconsistent over the past few seasons but I always liked him as a player. If we went up I'd like to see him anchoring in behind Grealish with either Hourihane or an improved grafter beside him.

On 12/24/2017 at 23:01, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Was it not a case at the time he left that we could not compete with Leicester for wages?

Correct. Substantial difference in what was on the table, we were never going to keep him.

Ronaldinho is my favourite of all time.

Yaya Toure is perhpas under appreciated. If I had to choose between eleven Messi's on a pitch or eleven Toure's I'd probably go with Toure.

Why? Although he is not the offensive genius that Messi is, he is so well rounded. Finishing, free kicks, physical presence, crunch tackles, through balls, you name it he can do it.

Arjen Robben is a freak.

Drogba was great.

Malouda, I nearly forgot about.

Agree with above posts about David Silva. Magic.

Â