Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Nah winger all day for me. Reminds me a bit of Zaha.

He's playing well for Celta Vigo this season.

Haven't seen him much apart from one game for Celta and now for Denmark. He linked up really well with Eriksen. Especially when he drifted into the central positions. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Was it not a case at the time he left that we could not compete with Leicester for wages?

Yes, and at the time it was reported he was offered £40k per week x3 or 4 years and most on here agreed (on current form) that we should not match it.

I always have this theory that if Gabby hadn’t got his last contract and also left the club he’d have kicked on into a decent player like Marc did. 

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

The incredible Ronaldinho has finally decided to hang up his alice band.

Imagine being able to manipulate a football like this?  It's absolutely outrageous.  Surely the most skilful player of all time?

But could he do that on a coldy and rainy night in Stoke!?!?!

er yeah, he would have ripped them a new one

It sounds bonkers saying it, but he was criminally underrated IMO.  Obviously always seen as a very talented player but somehow not regarded (or, certainly not among people I know) as one of the greatest of all time.

I remember watching his Clasico at the Bernabeu (think it was 3-0 to Barca).  After his second goal - and both were great - there was a brilliant bit of footage of Casillas just shrugging.  It was spot on, too - unstoppable.

Unfortunately, there's not a player in the World like him at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

It sounds bonkers saying it, but he was criminally underrated IMO.  Obviously always seen as a very talented player but somehow not regarded (or, certainly not among people I know) as one of the greatest of all time.

I remember watching his Clasico at the Bernabeu (think it was 3-0 to Barca).  After his second goal - and both were great - there was a brilliant bit of footage of Casillas just shrugging.  It was spot on, too - unstoppable.

Unfortunately, there's not a player in the World like him at the moment.

True better than Messi I think The old Ronaldo gets the same treatment to a degree 

Ronaldinho at his peak was a brilliant player to watch.

Think the issue here is his peak wasn't all that long, 2004-07 I would say as Barca got rid of him in 2008 and he did little at Meelan.

It was all set up for him to be the dominant player at the 2006 world cup and he flopped.

A 3 year peak when Messi and Ronaldo have just spent the last 10 years knocking in 30 + goals a season.

Problem for Ronaldinho was he didn't have the hunger to really give 100% every week, and didn't live the life of a professional athlete (to say the least). If he had then he would have been one of the greatest of all time. But even at 50% he could still be the best player on the pitch in most games. Can't say I blame him, if I had half his skill and half his money I'd have built a tunnel from my house to my nightclub too. 

Â