Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

As good as Kane has been I think he is perfectly suited to Spurs system. I dont think he would be as good in United or City team or any of the other top 6 except maybe Chelsea

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I was going to post about him a while back. I remember watching him a few years back, he was a willing runner but couldn't trap a bag of cement or finish to save his life.Remarkable turnaround.

Premier league should do a most improved player award similar to what they do in tennis.

King would win that quite comfortably. Like many I just thought he was a Gabby type who ran up blind alleys and couldn't finish but he's shown a lot of quality this year.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Premier league should do a most improved player award similar to what they do in tennis.

King would win that quite comfortably. Like many I just thought he was a Gabby type who ran up blind alleys and couldn't finish but he's shown a lot of quality this year.

Victor Moses would probably win it 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Very often you get one season wonders in this league (wasn't it Ighalo last season?). King has a poor goal scoring record outside of this season, some of that down to him playing more on the wing, but a lot of people have noted that prior to this season he was far less clinical in front of goal when he did have chances.

Entirely possible that he goes back to that sort of form next season, Bournemouth would be wise to cash in on him.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Yes he could be a one season wonder but I think its in Bournemouths interest to keep their better players. would cost them a lot of money to get a 15 goal a season player unless he's  35 like Defoe. Still have Calum Wilson but he has been so unlucky with injuries. Difficult to know whether he will return as good. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Isco 

You do wonder if Real Madrid are seriously considering cashing in on Bale. I know he only signed a new deal last year but I read somewhere Florentino has gone cold on him a bit and you're in trouble at Madrid if the president dosen't rate you anymore.

Find it odd that some of the Spanish players have been linking him to Man. United yet known of the press in England have done. To me he'd be an obvious signing in terms of marketability and also would lift Man. United's level a fair bit.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, sne said:

So silky, so smooth, so strong (although that was partly down to the Juve medical team and their "vitamin shots")

Anyone can look good on Youtube ;)

• Like 1

I don't think anyone will ever make playing the game look as beautiful or as effortless as Zidane did.
Every now and again I will load up his 2006 world cup highlights on YT. He was 34 but he still glided across the pitch and made it look so, so easy. The stepovers that bought him a mile of space and an age to do as he wished, the way he just let the ball roll across his body and he was away, the sublime touch, the little flicks and passes round corners weighted and spun to perfection., the way he lashed the ball with such power, yet with an absurd amount of control and accuracy.

Taking away his unrivalled ability on the ball, the frame of the man was impeccable. 6ft 1, not an ounce of fat but strong as an ox.

Those golden Adidas Predators, that chipped penalty against Buffon, that headbutt.

What a time to be young.

I love Zidane.

• Like 2

Ronaldinho's peak wasn't really that long though, 2004-to about mid 2006 and even then he was starting to fall out of favour with Messi coming through.

Zidane was just brilliant, did it in big games and that volley in the 2002 CL final.:wub:

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

There's a fair few who topped Ronaldinho. 

I doubt if Ronaldinho would be in the top 5 of Brazillians

Pele is far ahead of him and then theres players like Garincha, Zico, Ronaldo I'd have ahead of him too.

Platini or Zidane is a close one in my view? France were cheated out of a world cup final in 82 by the ref. 

Pele is the GOAT for me though

Edited by PaulC

Stumbled across highlights of a Barca-Valencia match the other day in 2001.

Rivaldo is easily forgotten but he was a great player in his own right, world cup winner, Balon D'Or and this hat-trick is just insane considering Barca needed to win to go ahead of Valencia for the champions league that season.

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

pele i didnt get to watch in the flesh...

in terms of players of my generation or whatever you want to call it he'd be the one id pay to watch over anyone else

Yes I get that. I saw George Best when I was 5 years old and he'd be player I would pay to watch over any other and that includes Messi

• Like 1

Â