Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

I was asking a couple games back that why did we go get this guy and how on earth was he supposed to be one of the best midfielders in the Championship.

I'm ridiculously glad he's put me right these two last games.

• Like 2

watching that video and videos before, he is a lad that spoke well but I think maybe the club was bigger than he expected but last couple of games it sounds like he is starting to find his feet at least

12 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

David Platt this guy ain't.

Correct... good spot, he's not David Platt, he's Connor Hourihane, who could end up being as good as David Platt - something neither you nor I will know until it either happens or doesn't. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I was asking a couple games back that why did we go get this guy and how on earth was he supposed to be one of the best midfielders in the Championship.

I'm ridiculously glad he's put me right these two last games.

Time.......it takes Time:)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

watching that video and videos before, he is a lad that spoke well but I think maybe the club was bigger than he expected but last couple of games it sounds like he is starting to find his feet at least

Learning to play with new players....thats what it is.

Its hard to play with new players.. just like in real life.. you know who the shit workers are at your job.. so you avoid them at all times.. and goto the good ones for advice etc. Same in football.. he will learn who to pass to and when.. who makes what runs etc. He just needs more of the ball.. he was missing early on as we just lumped it forward. 

He has left his scoring boots at Barnsley. Missed a fair few chances on Saturday and having just watched the highlights, I have no idea how hasn't scored that chance tonight.  

The goals will come, I'm sure. The promising sign is that he's still getting into these positions and it hasn't been 'coached out of him' as some joke/seriously say in regards to players. 

The best in the World miss sitters. If he stopped making these runs into the box and being in such positions then I'd worry. I know it counts for nothing in regards to this one match but we need to think bigger picture. You wouldn't get the likes of Westwood putting himself in these sorts of chances. The guy will be good for us, I am fully confident of it. 

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

The goals will come, I'm sure. The promising sign is that he's still getting into these positions and it hasn't been 'coached out of him' as some joke/seriously say in regards to players. 

The best in the World miss sitters. If he stopped making these runs into the box and being in such positions that I'd worry. I know it counts for nothing in regards to this one match but we need to think bigger picture. You wouldn't get Westwood putting himself in these sorts of chances. The guy will be good for us, I am fully confident of it. 

Agreed. Not to turn it in to a Westwood thing as it wasn't exclusive to him, but we've had a big issue with midfielders not being in the right areas the past few years and Hourihane certainly is changing that.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2017 at 00:40, kurtsimonw said:

Agreed. Not to turn it in to a Westwood thing as it wasn't exclusive to him, but we've had a big issue with midfielders not being in the right areas the past few years and Hourihane certainly is changing that.

Yes, absolutely, I don't/didn't  want to turn it into a Westwood thing, many midfielders over the past few years can be accused of the same. Our goals from midfield has been atrocious and not really due to poor finishing, more just even getting into scoring positions in the first place. Hourihane is a at least getting himself in there. 

Edited by Wezbid

On the radio Mark Regan was saying it was an easy chance, but having watched the highlights it wasn't that simple, not much time and narrow angle. By no means a "sitter".

9 minutes ago, Junxs said:

On the radio Mark Regan was saying it was an easy chance, but having watched the highlights it wasn't that simple, not much time and narrow angle. By no means a "sitter".

Should have at least hit the target though and if he had done so a good chance he would have scored - good that he's getting in those positions though .

• Like 1

Â