Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Nice to see him being played in a position that suits him, not as holding midfielder. I think he, Grealish and Targett have formed quite some understanding on the left, switching places, filling in for each other. In this position his weaknesses isn't exposed. He always pops up with goals and assists doesn't he, come end of the season I wont be surprised if his contributions will be proven to be so much worth for us.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, soezetoc said:

Does his contract expire this summer. 

Transfer market has his value at 6.5 million pounds. 

What's people's thoughts on his value. 

If we have not done do, hope we renew his contract.  

He signed a new long term deal before this season started.

13 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Just checked and he was out of contract in the summer!

Pretty sure he was about to sign for Derby for 2.5m and we came in with bigger offer and of course bigger weekly wage.

Yeah Hourihane wasn't too much so probably goes down as one of the bargains of last decade.

Wonder if he'll make SGC's 18 for the United game. :lol:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, soezetoc said:

Does his contract expire this summer. 

Transfer market has his value at 6.5 million pounds. 

What's people's thoughts on his value. 

If we have not done do, hope we renew his contract.  

With a foot like that 9999999999999999999999999 Mulitplied 9999999999999999999

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Did some good adjustment when Grealish came inside at Man Utd.

Average position is a funny one to look at...

image.png.c9d29b3ed9452e285e6e06c86d2fa9b3.png

When we talk about positions we talk about them without the ball. But it did seem to me that Conor was playing on the left defensively too. 

We're very fluid with the ball so I reckon we generate some strange charts when we dominate it. 

Proving again that in the tougher games, he becomes kind of superfluous. When we're dominating, he can be such a weapon. But when we're not, he's just kind of...there. I'd bring in Marv for him against Chelsea and then possibly bring him back for the home game against Leicester.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Proving again that in the tougher games, he becomes kind of superfluous. When we're dominating, he can be such a weapon. But when we're not, he's just kind of...there. I'd bring in Marv for him against Chelsea and then possibly bring him back for the home game against Leicester.

To be honest i wouldn't as he provides the room for grealish to excel 

It's no coincidence that we pick up more points when he plays

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yep.

Sadly he looked like a passenger yesterday.

Can't affect games where we are not dominating.

That being said we had 10 corners yesterday. So stupid that Jack took a big chunk of them.

2 hours ago, gaffer85 said:

To be honest i wouldn't as he provides the room for grealish to excel 

It's no coincidence that we pick up more points when he plays

I think the reason we pick up more points when he plays is because he is usually only selected against the weaker sides, so it’s not that easy to measure his overall effectiveness. 

It’s a difficult call because he seemingly does little in a game or scores/assists. Not a lot of middle ground.

Edited by Elton
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Elton said:

I think the reason we pick up more points when he plays is because he is usually only selected against the weaker sides, so it’s not easy that easy to measure his overall effectiveness. 

It’s a difficult call because he seemingly does little in a game or scores/assists. Not a lot of middle ground.

Picking certain players for different games is a very valid strategy.

Ferguson used to do it all the time with great success. The challenge as a coach is to keep making them hungry when not playing.

Man management is so important in modern football.

Yeah, pretty much useless this game.

Interesting thing I've noticed, despite the amount of fouls we've gotten in the last 2 games, I don't think a single one of those were in enough a promising position for him to unleash his left boot. Have the opposition been to be careful to not foul us too close to the box?

Edited by Laughable Chimp

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

A cardboard cut out of him would have done just as much. A total passenger. 

Just totally outclassed by the players he was up against and he just looked totally overawed by the occasion. Luiz back starting next game for me, 100%. 

Â