Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

49 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We're lacking characters and winners at this club, Hourihane seems to have made the step up at every level he has played it, which shows real steel and confidence. What I will say is that this is the first time he's going to a big club, the entire 'environment' from stadium to facilitates to the expectation that will be placed on him are the total opposite to the 'small time' clubs he has played for, so lets hope he continues in the same vein. Very interesting player who seems to be able to get stuck in and do the dirty work as well as contribute assists and some goals going forward.

I agree with most of this, although the 'small time' bit comes across as a bit arrogant.

I just hope we can get this one across the line.

19 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I agree with most of this, although the 'small time' bit comes across as a bit arrogant.

I just hope we can get this one across the line.

It's merely a statement of fact though. The bulk of his professional career has been at Plymouth and Barnsley, two small clubs who are the total opposite of Aston Villa in terms of the things I listed.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We really do pay way over the top, eh?

Not really in this case.  He is worth about 3 times what we will pay for him as he is out of contract in summer and 30k is not that much considering this.

12 mill and 60-70k a week for a fat 29 year old with no sell on value now, is a different case

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We really do pay way over the top, eh?

Unfortunately we have put ourselves in this position. There will no doubt be teams who are further up the table who want him, who are more likely to offer the chance of premier league football. So we have to offer a premier league wage. All comes down to the bad management which has caused this club problems, through the Lerner period and then the mistake of appointing RDM. 

Â