Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Delighted if we get him. It will transform our team having two midfielders who haven't yet been infected by AstonVillaBillyBigBollockitis.

Can't believe the likes of Swansea/Sunderland/Hull aren't in for him

Just now, TRO said:
6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Delighted if we get him. It will transform our team having two midfielders who haven't yet been infected by AstonVillaBillyBigBollockitis.

Can't believe the likes of Swansea/Sunderland/Hull aren't in for him

Shush.

I am a little worried that his club felt the deal was not far enough advanced to have not wanted to take the risk of playing him today. We could really have done with him today and I really hope we can get this deal done without further delay and before someone else comes in for him.   

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Can't believe the likes of Swansea/Sunderland/Hull aren't in for him.

Yes it seems very odd. His stats are great and for a PL team the fee and wages are almost negligible. 

He seems EXACTLY the kind of player a PL team should take a risk free punt on.  But like us they will probably all go for an unknown exotic sounding foreigner. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

in fairness in midfield we need BillyBigBollocks players. for ages we have gutless cowards who are afraid to put in a tackle or worse afraid to put their foot on the ball. Lansbury for example seems like an arrogant word removed who isnt afraid to want the ball and thats what we need in there

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

in fairness in midfield we need BillyBigBollocks players. for ages we have gutless cowards who are afraid to put in a tackle or worse afraid to put their foot on the ball. Lansbury for example seems like an arrogant word removed who isnt afraid to want the ball and thats what we need in there

Exactly. No more guys who act nice and play nice. I want teams to hate playing us.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Paradoxically yes......but I know what Tomaszk was alluding to players who have not qualified to be billybigbollocks.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Relaterad bild

We're lacking characters and winners at this club, Hourihane seems to have made the step up at every level he has played it, which shows real steel and confidence. What I will say is that this is the first time he's going to a big club, the entire 'environment' from stadium to facilitates to the expectation that will be placed on him are the total opposite to the 'small time' clubs he has played for, so lets hope he continues in the same vein. Very interesting player who seems to be able to get stuck in and do the dirty work as well as contribute assists and some goals going forward.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

31 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We're lacking characters and winners at this club, Hourihane seems to have made the step up at every level he has played it, which shows real steel and confidence. What I will say is that this is the first time he's going to a big club, the entire 'environment' from stadium to facilitates to the expectation that will be placed on him are the total opposite to the 'small time' clubs he has played for, so lets hope he continues in the same vein. Very interesting player who seems to be able to get stuck in and do the dirty work as well as contribute assists and some goals going forward.

I agree ,Very Good post

We have been for too many years.

I am really looking forward to this player and I think his pairing with Lansbury will be invaluable.....However I still see a role for Jedinak or a better version, one with legs.

I look at Villa in 80-82 with Bremner and Eamonn Deacy.....not for the purists, not good technically, but ask yourself why? why were players of such low technical ability finding there way in to a squad that won the league and Euro Cup.....because the manager and coaches of the day, knew their crucial value to the team.

Why did a player like Nobby Stiles find his way in to world cup winning team?

Technical ability is without doubt a major,major component of a successful team and we still need much of it......but, we have been missing the other for years.

just an addition to your poignant comments.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Well worth it IMHO

Indeed, if he plays for us like he is plays for the Tykes then cheap at half the price

Edited by Xela

Â