Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

21 minutes ago, Redtyke said:

Hi all you villains

Just thought I'd give you my thoughts on the imminent transfer of our most gifted player into your ranks.

Conor has been the best signing we have made in decades when we pinched him from Plymouth.  His vision is superb, his attitude immense (if you can get the video of the Leeds match in full you will see him launching into a team mate who sold him short, I kid you not his neck veins are half an inch thick in his rant.)  He does not suffer fools and non performers.

When we first got him he used that wand of a left foot to great effect, but not much else (in terms of getting involved in defensive duties)

Since then he has been taught how to tackle as well, that it is ALL the teams responsibility to throw themselves in, and he has become a much better all round player for it.  He's now not afraid to get stuck in (hence his booking yesterday)

You've bought a gem, and usually you'll get some rancour and sour grapes from the team you get them from, but in this case we wish Conor all the very best.

We know Barnsley is a small club with a small fan base surrounded by much bigger teams, we live with that, we cannot match your spending power nor wage payments.

If Conor turns out for you guys next season at Oakwell, he will be warmly applauded, he has been a huge part of our achievements in the last 60 weeks, bottom of league 1 to Wembley winners twice in one season and promotion to the Championship, plus in 8th place at the moment.

I'll never see a repeat of that but as he plays for you I will always take a keen interest in his performances

Thanks Conor for the memories, you will become the favourite at Villa Park just as you did at Oakwell

Thanks for that. 

I do have some sympathy for you, we've lost some quality players once bigger clubs come fishing. 

He's gone from someone I'd never heard of to someone I'm desperate to get in the team, he looks a fantastic prospect and I just hope he continues his form with us. 

Does he have a song?

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Thanks for that. 

I do have some sympathy for you, we've lost some quality players once bigger clubs come fishing. 

they look like losing 3 good players from their squad for being successful. I know we are going to benefit but it is a sad side to football now that smaller teams cant build up without being torn apart

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Redtyke said:

Yes he does have a song.

Took us ages to memorise it lol

It goes like this:

Houri...Houri.......Hourihane, Hourihane, Hourihane!

I had to write it down in the end:P

I was thinking something like the 80s track by jaki graham -step right up

"step right up hourihane" if anyone can think of some lyrics to do with villa after then that's great as trying think of some at the moment.

Edited by Villan4Life

Just now, Paddywhack said:

I've spent the day trying to finish first on today's leaderboard and a lovely chap from Barnsley comes on here and steals it in half an hour! 

:rant:

You want to try having the pressure of finishing first for the year and trying to defend your crown. 

Crushing. 

• Like 1

:D:D Thanks dont_do_it_doug, I work in the North midlands (with some Villa fans) and they are always saying I need a translator

Still can't fathom why my colleague Jason (Jase to me) refers to himself as "joyce" or joyceson

Edit: He's a Baggie though

Edited by Redtyke
  • Like 3

Â