Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

4 minutes ago, Redtyke said:

:D:D Thanks dont_do_it_doug, I work in the North midlands (with some Villa fans) and they are always saying I need a translator

Still can't fathom why my colleague Jason (Jase to me) refers to himself as "joyce" or joyceson

Edit: He's a Baggie though

You answered your own question bud. I'm impressed he can speak at all. 

• Like 3

Just now, Redtyke said:

I was hoping nobody would ask!

You need to keep clear of this one, he has the vision of Long John Silver (the same left foot ability as well)

He couldn't trap a bag of sand, as for speed he does 0 to 20 in half an hour.

He can't tackle, can't head a ball, is far too young to play above U14 level, he also has acne and a bad attitude

Don't waste your money, we'll see he's well looked after despite all his issues.  :(

he said James Bree not Alan Hutton ;)

• Like 1

My Barnsley mate doesn't rate bree like he does hourihane. Really doesn't understand the hype around bree and tbh the first few clips of his YouTube video is just him giving the ball away. 

Don't get why ppl put them videos together let alone include clips that amount to know end product.

His body is burning, He starts to shoot

The ball explodes, Off his left foot boot

It curls to the left, it swings to the right

It floats in the air like a bat in the night

The goal is calling, the defences knows

The lion is hungry, He runs the show

He's licking his lips, He's going all in

On the hunt tonight, For that next home wiiiiin...

Here I am, rock you like a Hourihane!

52 minutes ago, Redtyke said:

Yes he does have a song.

Took us ages to memorise it lol

It goes like this:

Houri...Houri.......Hourihane, Hourihane, Hourihane!

I had to write it down in the end:P

Sounds like you guys are significantly more creative than us. I guarantee that there will only be one Hourihane for us,  same as every other player on the team. 

6 minutes ago, Redtyke said:

James Bree

You need to keep clear of this one, he has the vision of Long John Silver (the same left foot ability as well)

He can't tackle, can't head a ball, is far too young to play above U14 level, he also has acne and a bad attitude

Don't waste your money, we'll see he's well looked after despite all his issues.  :(

So he is better than Hutton then

thanx

7 minutes ago, Redtyke said:

James Bree

That good eh? 

lucky we're taking him off your hands then ;) 

8 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

His body is burning, He starts to shoot

The ball explodes, Off his left foot boot

It curls to the left, it swings to the right

It floats in the air like a bat in the night

The goal is calling, the defences knows

The lion is hungry, He runs the show

He's licking his lips, He's going all in

On the hunt tonight, For that next home wiiiiin...

Here I am, rock you like a Hourihane!

.......you need a girlfriend:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redtyke said:

Hi all you villains

Just thought I'd give you my thoughts on the imminent transfer of our most gifted player into your ranks.

Conor has been the best signing we have made in decades when we pinched him from Plymouth.  His vision is superb, his attitude immense (if you can get the video of the Leeds match in full you will see him launching into a team mate who sold him short, I kid you not his neck veins are half an inch thick in his rant.)  He does not suffer fools and non performers.

When we first got him he used that wand of a left foot to great effect, but not much else (in terms of getting involved in defensive duties)

Since then he has been taught how to tackle as well, that it is ALL the teams responsibility to throw themselves in, and he has become a much better all round player for it.  He's now not afraid to get stuck in (hence his booking yesterday)

You've bought a gem, and usually you'll get some rancour and sour grapes from the team you get them from, but in this case we wish Conor all the very best.

We know Barnsley is a small club with a small fan base surrounded by much bigger teams, we live with that, we cannot match your spending power nor wage payments.

If Conor turns out for you guys next season at Oakwell, he will be warmly applauded, he has been a huge part of our achievements in the last 60 weeks, bottom of league 1 to Wembley winners twice in one season and promotion to the Championship, plus in 8th place at the moment.

I'll never see a repeat of that but as he plays for you I will always take a keen interest in his performances

Thanks Conor for the memories, you will become the favourite at Villa Park just as you did at Oakwell

Cheers RT.

Was very impressed with your lot on Sat.  

You look fit, organised and can play a bit too. I'd gladly swap 8 of your lot for 8 of ours.   Not sure you'd want ours though.  ^_^

Best of luck for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Redtyke said:

James Bree

He will fit in a treat down here then

2 minutes ago, Redtyke said:

People make a town.

Granted its not a pretty place

Its not Hollywood, it has some very unsavoury parts, much like any town and city in the country

It was destroyed by the closure of all major industries, coal, steel, glass. Unemployment is rife, drugs are evrywhere, the youngsters have no future

Yes it is down-but not out

The people are indeed lovely and will help anyone.

Except  Leeds fans of course

Shit hole it may seem to the uninitiated but as Barnsley folk we are immensley proud of our town and it's heritage

and so you should be....Birmingham used to be like that .......150 years ago

just kidding mate:)

We ain't London either.

5 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Cheers RT.

Was very impressed with your lot on Sat.  

You look fit, organised and can play a bit too. I'd gladly swap 8 of your lot for 8 of ours.   Not sure you'd want ours though.  ^_^

Best of luck for the rest of the season. 

Don't worry, if he keeps this up......we'll have him nicked off us, too.:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â