Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

26 minutes ago, a m ole said:

looked a bit leggy. maybe give him a rest on Tuesday 

Yeah, i'd bring Lansbury in for a game. Give him a chance to prove himself

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Was quiet but you don't change a winning side. If Conor is our biggest worry then what a time to be alive.

He doesn't need to be the centre of attention when Snoddy, Albert and Jack are causing havoc. He's having a good season and 9 goals from deep.

I would look at perhaps resting him for Tuesday and bringing Lansbury in, if only to have him fresh for the run in. 

• Like 1

Wow. We win almost every game with him in the midfield. Whether its Mile Whelan or Bikir.. hes been the common denominator. Still gets stick. He does the tackling.. the closing down.. just watch him individually next game and see how much work he gets through.. even then he still has 9 goals and a few assists. What more do people want from him? Hes not Messi. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, poitier said:

I thought he was better in this game than he has been for a while.

This. He's definitely gone through a run of poor form but I thought he was great in this game. Was absolutely everywhere and did so much running to keep us in the game against a very talented group of midfielders and forwards dropping deep. I was damn proud of him as I was all the rest of the team. 

• Like 1

I thought he played pretty well to be honest. He did the hard work to allow Jack to get forward and made sure that Jedinak wasn't overrun in midfield. Saying that I did think Lansbury looked well up for it when he came on and it can't harm us if we have a player like that chomping at the bit. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, omariqy said:

I thought he played pretty well to be honest. He did the hard work to allow Jack to get forward and made sure that Jedinak wasn't overrun in midfield. Saying that I did think Lansbury looked well up for it when he came on and it can't harm us if we have a player like that chomping at the bit. 

Agree on both points. 

31 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Annoys the **** out of me to the point I ignore this thread like the plague. 

Conor isn't always the flashiest player on the ball, nor is he the most physical. However the lad has the heart of a lion, never stops running, never lets his head drop, does his job, comes up with some spectacular moments and is clinical around the box. He's the perfect foil for Grealish. 

I thought he was our best player through till December. Others have stepped up since, but he's still playing his part. A consistent part in a very good team. 

Spot on. He helps out with some wonderful transition play too, as well as scoring goals. 

Â