Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

59 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Personally I think Hitz is one of the most overrated of our players in the last 2 decades. Conor is much better in general play imo

Hitz is probably a superior Man Marker though.

:ph34r:

:trollface:

On 05/03/2018 at 15:08, villa89 said:

These are just words. He's a midfielder full stop. This means that he should be able to get on the ball, make simple passes, link defence and attack and control the tempo of a game. From what I can see he doesn't do any of that. 

Thought he did again tonight !

10 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

Thought he did again tonight !

I remember Barnsley fans said... stick him in a 442 with a defensive partner and let him control the match. He seems to play well with Whelan.

Just read the comment from villa89 above and think it's harsh.  I'm pretty sure Hourihane can make simple passes, he's a professional footballer after all.  He may not dominate the midfield or control a game, but is that his role?   I've watched David Platt and Ian Taylor many times down the years and don't remember them dominating a midfield most weeks.  What they did do well however, was provide a goal threat from midfield, something Hourihane does very well.  Not many midfielders in this league will reach double figures this season, but Hourihane will.  

• Like 1

On 3/7/2018 at 14:36, ferguson1 said:

Just read the comment from villa89 above and think it's harsh.  I'm pretty sure Hourihane can make simple passes, he's a professional footballer after all.  He may not dominate the midfield or control a game, but is that his role?   I've watched David Platt and Ian Taylor many times down the years and don't remember them dominating a midfield most weeks.  What they did do well however, was provide a goal threat from midfield, something Hourihane does very well.  Not many midfielders in this league will reach double figures this season, but Hourihane will.  

I thought he controlled the game against Sunderland. He really silenced his critics with that performance. Should have had a goal too as I think that shot was on target before it deflected.

12 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Vote for Conor for goal of the month:

Done but bloody hell that was a high quality goal of the month compilation, better than most Premier league ones.

• Like 2

Surely he will be sacked off for Lansbury next game.  Surely.

Only disappointment for me tonight - particularly with his **** ludicrous tackle on Costa.  He's been woeful (but, granted, scored a few goals) for a few games now.

• Like 1

Â