Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Looked so much more confident today. Good game, even though had little to do

Would the level of confidence not relate to the whole bugger all to do part? :P i have't seen the match so maybe he did seem generally more settled regardless... but quiet games don't always tell you too much!

8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Would the level of confidence not relate to the whole bugger all to do part? :P i have't seen the match so maybe he did seem generally more settled regardless... but quiet games don't always tell you too much!

He was coming off his line a lot more. Even clearing the hall from outside the box. A few weeks ago he wouldn't have done that putting us on the back foot.

• Like 1

Not made many mistakes lately but still not convinced. He still looks shakey.

Hopefully he stays decent for the rest of the season but I wouldn't even be considering a deal at the end of it.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not made many mistakes lately but still not convinced. He still looks shakey.

Hopefully he stays decent for the rest of the season but I wouldn't even be considering a deal at the end of it.

United won't sell him anyway , I wouldn't want to extend the loan either as we need experienced keeper.

16 hours ago, Eastie said:

Made a decent save with his legs easily on and looks more confident as do the defense.

I'd say it was a standard save, if it had gone in we'd be crucifying him. Was that the only shot he faced?

The defence suddenly playing so well has given him something to hide behind, but the jury is still out for me.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I see no reason why United wouldnt sell him if they got a good offer

They have just signed him up on a new long term contract before sending him on loan for experience - they made clear they have no intention of selling him .

Just now, striker said:

If we're giving Bruce at least until the end of the season to make judgement then his new keeper should get the same consideration.

I don't think there's any prospect of signing him either way - he's here to fill a gap and gain experience and then in the summer we may be able to bring in a more experienced keeper.

Just now, striker said:

Then it's Gollini as number 2 with a new more experienced keeper signed in the summer? I'd be happy with that.

Gollini is on an 18 month loan so I'd expect steer as number 2 . 

53 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I'd say it was a standard save, if it had gone in we'd be crucifying him. Was that the only shot he faced?

The defence suddenly playing so well has given him something to hide behind, but the jury is still out for me.

He had a few routine saves to make, but at least two of them took him more than one attempt to gather. 

I think he's been better, but a few people around me are getting carried away. He's had very little to do over the past 5  games or so and still conceded a fairly soft goal. Had little to do and still looks a bit shaky coming off his line and his kicking is atrocious.

8 hours ago, striker said:

Then it's Gollini as number 2 with a new more experienced keeper signed in the summer? I'd be happy with that.

Gollini will never be in our squad again IMO

Â