Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'm a keeper and that is a routine save mate. 

Not a cat in hells chance - no blame attached to him for that , and I've been one of his biggest critics .

If you could save that routinely I suggest you should be playing for Barcelona and not posting here mate ;)

Edited by Eastie

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Not a cat in hells chance - no blame attached to him for that , and I've been one of his biggest critics .

If you could save that routinely I suggest you should be playing for Barcelona and not posting here mate ;)

Watch it again! I watched it a few times to see if I was being harsh and all he had to do was stick a leg out or even fall to the floor and hold the ball. The shot was not that powerful. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Watch it again! I watched it a few times to see if I was being harsh and all he had to do was stick a leg out or even fall to the floor and hold the ball. The shot was not that powerful. 

We will have to disagree on this one - I've been very vocal against him but I don't blame him for the goal last night.

Everyone at fault to me.  I think the keeper thinks the shot will be blocked, but he looks pretty flat footed so isn't able to react when it isn't.  Should never be scoring from that angle with that many players in the box.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Everyone at fault to me.  I think the keeper thinks the shot will be blocked, but he looks pretty flat footed so isn't able to react when it isn't.  Should never be scoring from that angle with that many players in the box.

Exactly that's why the keeper can't be blamed because the defence was so bad. But a better or maybe more confident keeper would easily have saved there. Anyway I'll stop going on about it :)

• Like 1

Not the keeper's fault there, the two defenders backing off the player were to blame.

Why would you back off a player who is inside the box giving him both a crossing and shooting opportunity. Baffling...

When an attacker in the box shapes his body to kick the ball, the keeper should instinctingly be ready for a shot or cross/pass.

A cross would have meant him adjusting his body angle to his right and/or a slight movement to the right to reposition himself for a header/shot at goal.

a shot would have forced him to crouch down a little so he can move towards saving at the near post or across his body.

A deflection gives him no chance.

So we can critisize the defence of the short corner and the closing down.

BUT

For a keeper to be ABSOLUTELY non-reactional is simply not on.

I wonder who decided on this complete useless w@nk-Shite?

I was ready to jump in and defend Johnstone. I think he's crap, but the usual VT reaction is to blame keepers for every single goal once they fall out of favour, so I assumed this was similar.

But no. I think EXPECTING Johnstone to save that shot is maybe a bit far. But he should have made some effort to save it, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a different keeper keep that out.

Poor goalkeeping. again.

• Like 3

He's never looked good enough at any club, and can't get into Manchester United's reserve team. What were Bruce and co. expecting/thinking when they went for this lad?

Baffling 

Edited by skarroki
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I was ready to jump in and defend Johnstone. I think he's crap, but the usual VT reaction is to blame keepers for every single goal once they fall out of favour, so I assumed this was similar.

But no. I think EXPECTING Johnstone to save that shot is maybe a bit far. But he should have made some effort to save it, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a different keeper keep that out.

Poor goalkeeping. again.

He literally just stood there and watched it fly past him, demonstrating the reflexes of a marble statue. 

I think it was saveable but not a shot I would expect to be saved so I wont criticise him too much for this one.

Was it the only shot on target though from Huddersfield?

Ridiculous. Our D cannot give up a single decent shot opportunity in a game, because it's always in net and we've lost. Cannot save, and cannot score. Too much to ask from our defenders.

• Like 1

Â