Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

6 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I think he's been better, but a few people around me are getting carried away. He's had very little to do over the past 5  games or so and still conceded a fairly soft goal. Had little to do and still looks a bit shaky coming off his line and his kicking is atrocious.

Agreed, except that I'm not sure he's been that much better. It seems our defenders needs to be superhuman to give us a chance every game. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Bad players can have good games. Hopefully this one has a few more before the end of the season. 

Good players can have bad games too, in fairness.

I wasn't impressed with him when we were on our shit run, not at all. He's been fine lately though. 

He is what he is I guess. A young keeper learning, thrust into the side with huge pressure on him. He's struggled quite a bit. But better recently and good today it seems. Another 9 games of the season to go, if he maintains improvement over that time he might be worth stick8ng with. Big if mind.

52 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

There'd be big problems if he didn't make any of those saves because they were all standard for a professional keeper at this level. 

Was waiting for this to come - seems every save he makes is standard to some - give the lad some credit for 5 clean sheets 

ive been one of his biggest critics but the same has happened the last three clean sheets  with people making the standard saves line

well  done Sam and keep it going lad 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Was waiting for this to come - seems every save he makes is standard to some - give the lad some credit for 5 clean sheets 

ive been one of his biggest critics but the same has happened the last three clean sheets  with people making the standard saves line

well  done Sam and keep it going lad 

100% agree with you Eastie... Credit where its due.

• Like 1

Â