January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

With the transfer fees and wages we are spending on championship players does anyone think we could be in big trouble if we don't get up in the next 2 seasons. We never even spent like this in Learners early days and even then the spending wasn't sustainable. What happened to FFP? I'm not complaining but where is all this money coming from? 

the £50m we spent in the summer is really misleading, if you look at the sales, not just the money in but more importantly the wage shift, the annual impact isnt actually that bad, i took an educated guess at it once ("educated" = used FM) and had it at around a £15m spend

we had pretty much all of the squad on relegation pay cuts and got rid of the big earners like guzan, sinclair, nzogbia, lescott etc 

• Like 1

I am quite surprised over how much surgery the squad is undertaking for  a January window. Firstly it sums the ambition of the club that they are not yet giving up on this season. And secondly it highlights how we got it wrong in the summer-again! Who was in charge of the transfers then- RDM? Steve Round was not even in charge then was he?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Just you **** wait and he becomes a beast as soon as he leaves. Wouldn't even be surprised. 

He'll flourish like Lowton has!

12 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

John Percy @JPercyTelegraph

Aston Villa midfielder Ashley Westwood is set to have a medical at #Burnley. Fee of around £5m agreed with #avfc

£5m!!!

Guess this kinda kills the idea the Hogan must be good, because a PL team want's him? :D

PL teams buy all kind of crap.

Not that anyone should need reminding after the steaming pile of players we've bought over the last couple of years.

Edited by sne

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am quite surprised over how much surgery the squad is undertaking for  a January window. Firstly it sums the ambition of the club that they are not yet giving up on this season. And secondly it highlights how we got it wrong in the summer-again! Who was in charge of the transfers then- RDM? Steve Round was not even in charge then was he?

Can't remember when Round joined. I thought he was here for some of the window atleast. Still, someone had to be releasing the funds for the purchases and doing the negotiating!!

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

We are effectively the Man City / Chelsea in this league with our money aren't we?

Yep. We can just go stealing players from all the other clubs and there's literally nothing they can do about it. 

I quite like it. I'm not sure I what to go back to having all our players poached instead! 

12 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

He'll turn his career around at Burnley and 5m will turn out to be a bargain for him. Good luck to him.

If he can recapture his first season form then he's a decent lower Premier League midfielder. 

It just went to rat shit for him here