January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Can't remember when Round joined. I thought he was here for some of the window atleast. Still, someone had to be releasing the funds for the purchases and doing the negotiating!!

To be fair Gollini aside which looked risky, the rest seemed like very good signings at the time.    Plus if you think of the success of Chester, Adoma, Kodija and Jedinak at times then the success rate hasn't been all that bad considering the state the squad was in.  I think De Laet would have done ok and McCormack surprised everyone. 

The thing that has surprised me the most is how players that we had starting in the premier league look so out of place even in the Championship. What a shambles we were.

12 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Good club and manager for him.

Certainly not a premiership level midfielder

5 mill is about 3 mill in today's over inflated market which is probably about the standard price to pay now a days in the prem for a squad player which he should be. If i were Dyche i wouldn't have him anywhere near the starting eleven.

I don't think Dyche will suddenly turn him into a world beater he's worked under numerous managers at his time at Villa and failed to make an impact or stamp his authority against any opposition under all of them.

Edited by AshVilla

Aston Villa have lodged a bid, believed to be around the £9million mark, for Brentford’s Scott Hogan.

Boss Steve Bruce is keen on the 24-year-old after it emerged that West Ham’s interest in the forward has cooled.

Crystal Palace have made a tentative enquiry and could lodge an official bid before the transfer window closes but as it stands Villa are the only club to firm up their interest.

Sources at Brentford insist the offer has not been accepted, however Villa are hoping they can pull off the deal.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-steve-12530362

7 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Bruce stated that a deal was close this morning, If Brentford haven't accepted our bid yet how can it be close unless we tapped him up first?

I'm pretty sure they have turned down more than £9m from West Ham too.

We might have offered more overall. Wet Spams was £9m rising to £12m. We might have upped that depending on promotion etc

5 minutes ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

Screenshot_8.png

Yeah thanks for that!

I've got a hectic day tomorrow as its month end and I'm going to miss all the excitement :(

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

We might have offered more overall. Wet Spams was £9m rising to £12m. We might have upped that depending on promotion etc

Very likely. 

It may wind up that we pay a figure for him that we deem too high, but we seem to be getting like £5 million in the Ayew deal and £5 million in the Westwood deal.

So it wouldn't be that bad on paper. Yes overpaying possibly, but I think I could stomach it if he brings tons of goals.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

He'll turn his career around at Burnley and 5m will turn out to be a bargain for him. Good luck to him.

What will he be allowed to do there that he hasn't had the chance to do in close to 150 games for Villa? 

1 minute ago, HolteExile said:

What will he be allowed to do there that he hasn't had the chance to do in close to 150 games for Villa? 

Fresh start. 

Sometimes a fresh start is all a player needs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Play with a midfield? :P

• Like 1