January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

The Doc turns down 25 million for Amavi. We then spend money big time filling the gaping holes in the team.   We sell Amavi on deadline day to some Chinese club for 30 million.  No net spend we might even be in profit on the transfers with the other outgoings.  

If this happens the man is a genius!  Also it would be a clever way of keeping us in FFP.

If the Chinese are bank rolling him its a great way to pump money into the club.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

He's had bad players alongside him and looked rubbish, he's had good players alongside him and looked rubbish. The one constant, and all that. 

I was jesting. I'm glad he's going. Be interesting to see how he gets on

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not convinced on Rhodes. When you sign a centre forward I think there should be something of a buzz about it, I don't get that from this one, I think we could do better. 

Like the buzz about Ayew?

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What are the odds Villa transfers twitter is Julie Bailey?

Not seen any mental breakdown yet... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What are the odds Villa transfers twitter is Julie Bailey?

Thing is Avfc transfers has 100% success rate this Jan and most of summer too.

Julie never got anything right. Kiyotake, dale Stephens, Defoe or Peter Whittingham

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Hogan to West Ham "almost complete"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2743535/west-ham-transfer-news-scott-hogan-deal-almost-complete-but-brentford-want-1m-if-hammers-win-the-title/

this wouldnt strike me as the 'wow' factor signing we've been discussing all day

Why would a move for Hogan be kept so quiet? Not a showstopper for me .... still think Bruce was on about someone else  

Should be a cracking day tomorrow. 

To be honest, its all talk of 4/5 signings, I'll be happy with Hogan or Rhodes! The rest are just bonuses

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

That's what toilet breaks are for my friend. 

I'll just drag my desk into the disabled toilet. Its massive! Plus its heated. 

• Like 1