January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Surely Hogan isn't a big name signing?!

Big signing sure.

Premier League clubs want him. He has a great record in this league and is still only 24. Kodjia and Hogan would mean goals. Personally to me it shows intent but I still can't believe it.

With the transfer fees and wages we are spending on championship players does anyone think we could be in big trouble if we don't get up in the next 2 seasons. We never even spent like this in Learners early days and even then the spending wasn't sustainable. What happened to FFP? I'm not complaining but where is all this money coming from? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

With Wham and Palace interested - and with us looking like a long way off being a safe promotion bet- I couldn't see Hogan going for it at all. Unless there are some seriously generous release clauses inserted. 

Bree and Hourihane could have probably gone to the Premier League and chose us. It not beyond the realms of possibility that we are the best option for the lad at this stage of his career. 

9 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Who on earth is dean Jones?

Australian middle order batsman. But how does he know where Scott Hogan is going?

EDIT - Xela beat me to it! 

Edited by Junxs

8 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Surely Hogan isn't a big name signing?!

A £15m striker for a mid table championship team, I'd probably say it qualifies!

55 minutes ago, Sani said:

Hogans contract expires this summer according to transfermarkt, so why would anyone pay £15 million now?!

He signed a year extension till end of next season according to sky sports so still has 18 months to go. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

With the transfer fees and wages we are spending on championship players does anyone think we could be in big trouble if we don't get up in the next 2 seasons. We never even spent like this in Learners early days and even then the spending wasn't sustainable. What happened to FFP? I'm not complaining but where is all this money coming from? 

We'll just get up and pay the fine like Bournemouth! A club with a turnover of £13m, which had a £30m wage bill! I'd say that was technically insolvent.

Worth it though for the promised land and the Premier League TV money

4 minutes ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

he didnt say last few days. Hogan was strongly linked a few times in the brum mail at the beginning of the window

Bruce probably unaware of that - most seemed to think Rhodes was the striker we were in for .

10 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Australian middle order batsman. But how does he know where Scott Hogan is going?

EDIT - Xela beat me to it! 

Great (or sad!) minds think alike ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Personally I think there are several key differences between Xia's spending and Lerner's early spending:

1. FFP only became a thing after Lerner had been spending, so Lerner wasn't able to plan around FFP the same way Xia is.

2. Xia seems to be worth a lot more than Lerner (or at least has access to a lot more cash than Lerner did). Lerner also got hit massively by his divorce

3. Xia seems to have his head screwed on, and seems to have surrounded himself with people who know the industry.

1 hour ago, striker said:

It would be 10m if the Ayew deal goes through. Considering who Villa have already brought in with the 6m gleaned from the Gestede transfer that would be a very low overall expenditure for the squad being strengthened in all departments in one window.

He has nowhere near the goalscoring pedigree of Rhodes though and costs more?

I'm not sure were in the position to buy potential at the moment if we were comfortably in the top 2 and going up i'd defo get Hogan though one for the future

Edited by AshVilla

1 minute ago, Xela said:

We'll just get up and pay the fine like Bournemouth! A club with a turnover of £13m, which had a £30m wage bill! I'd say that was technically insolvent.

Worth it though for the promised land and the Premier League TV money

Rule change this year means you can be denied promotion 

it was a long article and I have the attention span of a goldfish but it looked as though our prem league pedigree meant we were allowed to spend more than  clubs who hadn't been in the premier ... 

1 minute ago, Godders said:

Personally I think there are several key differences between Xia's spending and Lerner's early spending:

1. FFP only became a thing after Lerner had been spending, so Lerner wasn't able to plan around FFP the same way Xia is.

2. Xia seems to be worth a lot more than Lerner (or at least has access to a lot more cash than Lerner did). Lerner also got hit massively by his divorce

3. Xia seems to have his head screwed on, and seems to have surrounded himself with people who know the industry.

4 . Xia is a top top bloke , Randy was a ****

• Like 2