January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

15 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

That means:

we are looking at deals for 3 players, with 50% chance/completion, of which we are only planning to buy 1

2 players leaving with 50% chance/completion

and 1 further player in with 50% chance/completion.

You're welcome.

I think you've cracked it!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

admittedly impossible to grade a transfer window at this point.  Need a few months if not years to really evaluate.  But at this point, hard not to give this an A-.   (a goal scoring machine would make it A+)

Image result for WALLACE AND GROMMIT GOALSCORING MACHINE

• Like 4

From Sky sports. I wonder what Leicester would accept?

Here

Leicester City have rejected a £1.7m transfer bid from La Liga side Alaves for striker Leonardo Ulloa, according to Sky sources.

Edited by av1

22 minutes ago, JNortonAVFC said:

minus - minus = plus so would be 50+0+50=100 wouldnt it?

a minus times a minus does but the Dr displayed a subtraction

I'm an accountant, i'm sad like this

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

Seeing an awful lot of comments about what fantastic business we've done, how we've bought players who will be worth zillions, what a great job the board have done etc.

And I would stress fine, if that's how someone feels.

IMO that's why, a little further down the line, there is so much dissappointmdnt and anger directed at the players.

People were by and large very pleased with our summer spending, other than recognising there was more to do, yet very quickly Elphick, Gollini, Jedi, Tish, and McCormack and even Kodja have been often complained about, and their and the others character questioned pretty intensely.

I even remember when we bought Westwood that Crewes fans rated him highly.

As yet we have no real idea how well they will do, or their real levels of ability, and certainly not their 'character'.

So for me, I am pleased the Manager had been backed with what he thinks we need, impressed we've secured what appear to be decent players in the notoriously difficult window, and as most people always excited when new players come.

I will hang fire on the more celebratory stuff and keep my expectations at a low level however until I see how it goes. They are Championship players after all we aren't signing Ronaldo

And will be less likely to knock them later,

Wise ole Owl.......I agree Terry.

The great thing as well about getting Hourihane and Lansbury especially is that they're leaders, something that I think has been a weak part at Villa for way too long. Too many soft players mentality wise in the past.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I honestly have not seen anyone say it is the 'best transfer window ever'. Maybe they have, in which case the proof of the pudding will of course be in the eating. At the same time, people are right to be excited IMO. They have attempted to fix a massive unbalance within the squad that we could all see by signing the very two players in particular who were waaaaaay up almost everybody's list. 

If you told me a few weeks back that not to worry too much about the gaping hole in midfield, we will be signing Lansbury and Hourihane to attempt to fill it, I'd have spaffed my pants. Because I see potential in the team and I honestly can't think of two better, more balanced players than those two to correct the issue. Realistically speaking of course. They also signed my favourite player from the Euro's so heck, yeah I'm excited. Very. 

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong I am happy with our business so far, but at the same time I am not getting carried away with things as until they play together we won't know if they are good signings.

I did see a post with that wording about best window ever, otherwise I wouldn't have written it. I cannot find it now though so it was either in another thread or it has been edited or removed.

• Like 2

No reason not to be excited and enthusiastic now, these are very good signings for the level we are at and, after all, this is all part of the fun of being a football fan. Positivity over negativity whenever possible please, without getting overly carried away...

The signings we have made all seem very sensible and well thought out and that hasn't always been the case plus we haven't really wasted money or overly forked out so no complaints from me at least. We haven't been restricted in the way we were during the Lerner days either and have a much more invested and vibrant owner in Dr. Xia.

-

Loving these comments from Hourihane, he seemed desperate to join us too:

New Aston Villa signing Conor Hourihane: 'I earned this move the hard way'

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-aston-villa-signing-conor-12512343

-

Been linked with a loan move for Max Gradel. 

Loving the level of activity in this window, feels like we have staff that genuinely want to move the club forward and I genuinely appreciate all their efforts. Onwards and upwards...

Edited by Jas10
Fix link
  • Like 1

So that equation put into player terms:

We're halfway through negotiations to sign Jordan Rhodes, Chuba Akpom and Ashley Barnes, with the view to only signing one of them.

Both Ayew and McCormack are halfway out of the door and if one or both do go then we can press on with our capture of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Done

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, av1 said:

From Sky sports. I wonder what Leicester would accept?

Here

I think he'd be a good shout.  Kodjia is clearly going to be our main man when he's back but Ulloa seems the kind of player to sniff a goal out whether he's starting or coming off the bench and for that price would be decent.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think he'd be a good shout.  Kodjia is clearly going to be our main man when he's back but Ulloa seems the kind of player to sniff a goal out whether he's starting or coming off the bench and for that price would be decent.

The mail reported this morning that Leicester want around £10m for him .