January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

55 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Watch it happen

Unless you are genuinely in the know on this particular deal, they're some bold 3 words.

I would prepare yourself for disappointment, which as a Villa fan shouldn't be hard. 

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Assuming the injury he got didn't destroy him.

Barrow although he has had some good days for Swansea doesn't appeal to me as it is a bad sign that in the middle of a relegation battle they are letting him go while still starting Routledge.

I can see their point though. Barrow is a 20 minute player at most that can stretch defences

I'm on the fence about Grealish unless its mega money. For me he slows us down, but he has a certain talent and should only improve.

We should've kept Albrighton, Cahill (and Adama kicking and screaming) as they cost realtively nothing/little and have flourished given game time. I fear we would regret Grealish, and it hardly a dream move to middlesborough. Plenty ahead of him in the queue.

I guess what I'm saying is a winger and a goal scorer would make this a dream window! I love Kodjia but he misses several chances as well as scoring one, a finisher next to him would be ideal. 

Edited by nnock1984
  • Like 1

I have to say considering January is notoriously difficult to bring the right players in we have done incredible so far. Credit to all involved. On paper we look to be an impressive team already now. I really hope they can gel quickly and we can start climbing up the table. 

exciting times! 

• Like 2

Whilst we've done really well this window and the team behind it deserve all the plaudits, I don't think we can deny the fact that we are a big fish in a small pond in this league which has given us a lot of extra clout compared to January transfers when we were in the Prem.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If Grealish is going to go to Boro we should negotiate a deal for Rhodes and Ramirez to come the other way.

Or for them to have to take Hutton for free.

How about

They take Hutton, Richards, Westwood, Gardner, Bacuna & Gaby all for free

We get nobody only we give them a promise of a preseason friendly at their place

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Daweii said:

No and this is my reasoning.

Grealish is shit most of the time, but he's a Villa lad so he's our shit.

Rhodes would have to hit the ground running big time as he didn't just cost a player, he cost a Villa fan.

So I wouldn't take the risk even though it's a sensible trade as Grealish has shown very little recently.

IMO your reasoning is flawed.

your second line will have our club floundering in this division for umpteen years.....we are not a benevolent organisation.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If Grealish is going to go to Boro we should negotiate a deal for Rhodes and Ramirez to come the other way.

Or for them to have to take Hutton for free.

Boro after Grealish?

How come they're trying to sign all our players?

I personally don't think he's done enough to prove he warrants a place in our team, so surprised to see a premier league club come in for him.

I think he would flourish now with better players around him so hope he sticks around, we've been expecting too much from him - I think because there's nobody else who is creative in the squad up until now.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We've enquired about Darron Gibson.

I don't know how serious we were or even if this was before our recent signings, I only know that it happened. 

Thanks for the update. I think it is very unlikely we would get Gibson but it matches their cheeky enquiry for Jack. I'm sure Boro would like Jack and we would like Gibson but I doubt that either player would be quite so happy to make the move just now.  

10 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Not that I think it will happen but can't say I'm too bothered if Grealish does leave if I'm bring honest.

Platt left and  built a new team with the cash , Yorke left , benteke etc - iF jack goes another hero will come along .

the key is that if  do sell grealsh it's only because we have players coming in with that cash to improve the team .

im not sure jack will be a first team player this season given  our new signings - I'm happy to keep him but not adverse to losing him if we have 2 quality players lined up .