January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

I suspect you're correct. I do wonder though, if wages, kudos, were currently more important than his career progression, maybe he would be best served waiting till he is a free agent?

In hindsight maybe, but you strike while the iron is hot.  If, for example, Arsenal are in for you right now, you've no guarantee that they'll be in for you in the summer.  You could get injured.  Someone else might come on the market.  All manner of things could happen, all resulting in you missing the boat.  So you move now or you're rolling the dice somewhat.

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

We need a striker to put away chances - we've missed many sitters this season that should have been buried - not worried about pace , more worried about his movement and finishing.

Great.....now we just need to create some of these mythical 'chances'!

Rhodes doesnt interest me at all tbh...he is Darren Bent lite!

We need more than a simple finisher else McCormack would be more at home too.

Strength or pace is needed IMO!

• Like 3

We need to get a move on with our more realistic and affordable targets such as Lansbury and Hourihane, need to get those deals wrapped up asap as it seems we are struggling to land our main (more expensive and more difficult) targets due to PL competition. We desperately need to strengthen the first 11 to at least give us some semblance of a decent and cohesive team, if we allow the rut to continue it will be disastrous.

The silence from Dr. Xia is concerning but hopefully there's a good reason for that, maybe he's just preoccupied with other matters.

all I ever hear is, we need a natural finisher, we need someone to sit in the hole, we need an attackimg midfielder, we need someone who can cross, every transfer window ever season we lack something crucial and we never get anywhere near finding what we need even to be an average side

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Well I'm going to hazard a guess that the modern footballer will go with the wage packet and kudos of joining the Premier League side.  But I might be wrong.

We can pay the wage and give him football. He's already turned down bigger offers to play for Barnsley. He could come here and 18months be in the Premier League one way or another!! 

10 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

all I ever hear is, we need a natural finisher, we need someone to sit in the hole, we need an attackimg midfielder, we need someone who can cross, every transfer window ever season we lack something crucial and we never get anywhere near finding what we need even to be an average side

IMO you hear the same as every fan of every Club, with the odd variation like a Gk rather than a striker or whatever.

Those clubs that do well despite what they ' need' are those with the better Managers.

Edited by terrytini

If we faiL to beat Preston then we can as good as kiss this season goodbye having been right iN the hunt at the start on January .

failure to strengthen midfield is costing us valuable points this month and knowing that this was an area we were crying out for signings it's disappointing that the window is past the halfway point with still the same midfield.

i understand the Lansbury complications but surely there are other deals we could have pushed through even if paying slightly over the odds - the points dropped this month could be the difference between making the play offs or finishing in mid table. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Bruno Godeau? 24yr old Belgian Centre Back from KV Oostende?

Apparently we are 'interested' according to some Belgian website.

click

Is that the Oostende who are tearing up Europe or the Hovercraft port?