January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

56 minutes ago, TRO said:

So Rhodes is behind Gestede in the striker pecking order at Middlesborough.

and yet.....

• Rhodes they want c12 mill
  • Gestede we sold them for 6 mill

is this a conspiracy against AVFC?

no wonder its taking us time to do a deal.

If we want to sell low and buy high, that's our problem tbh. 

• Like 1

What appears to be happening this window is:

Everyone knows this window is important for clubs in certain positions. So its just all hardball. Theres no knock on effect of transfers.

But the most important defining factor is The Pecking Order.

Jenkinson was on our list (apparantly) now a PL club is in for him you can cross him off our list.

We will do extremely well to get a PL player in.

Any Ch player remotely good enough for PL will go to a PL team over us (Even Swansea, Hull & Sunderland) at least just to prove they can perform there, stepping stone for a better move, Money & to achieve the dream of lower league-ers to play in the PL.

So I think we have no other choice but to pick up the scraps left over.

I think a possible but risky strategy would be to buy the best what we can from the Ch, hope it's enough to get is up, then sell them off to another Ch club (once we are up) as "He'll get you up" type of player. One may be able to sell virtually a whole promoted team under that motto.

@DrT - How big are yours?

13 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Post of the day? Yes lets buy some more shit overpriced british players as they've served us so well so far. Our two best players are foreign. 5 out top 6 managers in the league are foreign. We need to go foreign or not go at all. And **** Steve Bruce off as well and all this "knows how to get out the Championship" shyte. The propaganda down here is as bad as the Premier League. Xia can stay if he still wants to build a theme park but he's destined to be Randy Lerner mark 2 the way he's going.

I'm not interested in signing cack like Rhodes or the Lansbury. Save your money Tony or invest it into a **** scouting network.

Too many old grey men at the top of our board living in the past.

We are an anti-progressive club who need to come out of the 19th century and into the 21st. 

Wales aint foreign.

• Like 2

I'm sure the club is doing all it can to push the right deals through.

Rhodes & Lansbury would be good signings IMO should we secure them and hopefully their qualities will complement our young guns well.

If we rush into the transfer market, spinning the wheel, signing any player available we could end up with some real bad boys.

You gotta have faith...

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NottingVilla said:

Post of the day? Yes lets buy some more shit overpriced british players as they've served us so well so far. Our two best players are foreign. 5 out top 6 managers in the league are foreign. We need to go foreign or not go at all. And **** Steve Bruce off as well and all this "knows how to get out the Championship" shyte. The propaganda down here is as bad as the Premier League. Xia can stay if he still wants to build a theme park but he's destined to be Randy Lerner mark 2 the way he's going.

I'm not interested in signing cack like Rhodes or the Lansbury. Save your money Tony or invest it into a **** scouting network.

We are an anti-progressive club who need to come out of the 19th century and into the 21st. 

We all have our opinions that's OK but you have missed most of the points I liked about the post and gone off on some crazy rant of your own.

46 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

What appears to be happening this window is:

Everyone knows this window is important for clubs in certain positions. So its just all hardball. Theres no knock on effect of transfers.

But the most important defining factor is The Pecking Order.

Jenkinson was on our list (apparantly) now a PL club is in for him you can cross him off our list.

We will do extremely well to get a PL player in.

Any Ch player remotely good enough for PL will go to a PL team over us (Even Swansea, Hull & Sunderland) at least just to prove they can perform there, stepping stone for a better move, Money & to achieve the dream of lower league-ers to play in the PL.

So I think we have no other choice but to pick up the scraps left over.

I think a possible but risky strategy would be to buy the best what we can from the Ch, hope it's enough to get is up, then sell them off to another Ch club (once we are up) as "He'll get you up" type of player. One may be able to sell virtually a whole promoted team under that motto.

@DrT - How big are yours?

I hope DrX has had a good look at Spurs over the last 10 years. The amount of money they've spent, the massive turnover of players. They are the only club in the premiership era for me who has grown year on year to break that top 4. They deserve their moment in the sun however much Levy makes it easy to dislike him.

There are actually plenty of Championship players who could cut it at PL level. Otherwise clubs like Watford, Bournemouth, Swansea, Palace, Burnley and Leicester wouldn't get promoted and stay up (or win the league) with the same nucleus of players. And we wouldn't be here where some of those could be!!

We need to find the right people that want to be with us for the next few years of their lives. The main asset we have right now is DrX for me. Not because of the size of his wallet although like you say he's gonna need to be happy to open it. Because after all the years of Ellis and Lerner maybe, just maybe our 'ceiling' is actually based on the good things we have going for once - the stadium, facilities, fan base, history etc - and not just the extent of the penny pinching from on high.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

So let's get this right.

• they want 12 mill for Schlupp

• they got Albrighton for free
  • they got Vardy for 1 mill
  • they got Mahrez for Half mill
  • I think their whole team is c 20 mill

do they think the rest of football is stupid?

They already received 12 million for Schlupp :)

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

If we want to sell low and buy high, that's our problem tbh. 

One problem we could well do without.....if we want to turn this club around, because it is not sustainable.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They already received 12 million for Schlupp :)

I didn't know he had been sold

But, Good luck to them.....although it seems they don't need it.

3 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

I forgot Di Matteo was a local lad. :crylaugh:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

Like progressive Remi Garde and his foreign legion? Yeah, that worked a treat. Pretty certain the solution is not as binary as foreign OR British?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

Good post except for the anti-British sentiment. We just need to sign the best players possible and appoint the best manager possible regardless of their nationality or previous record. If we had the right people in the right places making the decisions this would happen. Otherwise, I agree in general with everything in bold.

Edited by Michael118

2 hours ago, jasoncb said:

I could pick apart that post but I think most people are still connected to reality to understand there is no need.

Very true that post was having a go at me but I just couldn't be bothered arguing the point. Just smile and give the thumbs....

7 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Very true that post was having a go at me but I just couldn't be bothered arguing the point. Just smile and give the thumbs....

And that is your problem. You are too nice.;)

Edited by AJ

Being foreign didn't stop Karanka or Sanchez-Flores from getting promoted although, others have been hit and miss. 

What we need is someone who plays a certain style and to buy the players who can comfortably play that way instead of just having a big glut of players, all with differing styles, that we just try to make click. Square pegs in round holes etc.