Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

What I'm going to find so hard to take is after all the bruce out vitriol these last few months, if the bookies prediction actually plays out and we get promoted, is the speed at which all those who are vehemently bruce out change their tune and say oh well I got it wrong.

Whilst I will have the utmost respect for anyone man enough to admit they were wrong, Im also mindful of the fact that a leopard rarely changes it's spots. I suspect that, when promoted, this thread will subtly change into pages and pages of "yeah but, Bruce isn't a premier league manager. We should get rid now and bring in someone for the long term."

16 minutes ago, terrytini said:

People complaining about the ' Bruce out-ers' - ( I'm not one) - what's the problem ? we don't all have to say and think the same do we ?

Its not as if his first season was so amazing that any criticism is out of order surely ?

And if the thread is too circular for some why not just not read it rather than ask for it to be closed down ?

You've mainly answered the first point with the last.  By all means, state your opinion on the subject of our manager in the topic that has his name in the title - but repeating it over and over and over again is boring.

Not only this, but should Steve Bruce fail, there will be a lot of "I told you so" posts from those who want him gone - it's almost always the case.  The same will not be true if he succeeds.  It's incredibly easy to take a negative stance and then be happy with the outcome if you're wrong.

I don't like the term "Bruce out-ers": it's a bit of a mouthful. 

Perhaps there's some sort of portmentau we can come up with on Bruce and out. Brouters? What about exit instead of out. Brexiters maybe? 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You've mainly answered the first point with the last.  By all means, state your opinion on the subject of our manager in the topic that has his name in the title - but repeating it over and over and over again is boring.

Not only this, but should Steve Bruce fail, there will be a lot of "I told you so" posts from those who want him gone - it's almost always the case.  The same will not be true if he succeeds.  It's incredibly easy to take a negative stance and then be happy with the outcome if you're wrong.

I think anyone giving it the 'i told you so" from either side would be pointless. Both sides are basing their opinion on certain things and it's certainly not a guarantee he will fail or succeed. 

And we've all had opinions on football that have turned out correct or wrong. For me I felt early on that Lambert would do nothing but then also felt confident Sherwood would progress us and move us forward. 

Just now, terrytini said:

Views getting repeated over and over is a common feature of any such site... and it takes two sides to do that. 

Coukd just as easily have said that about the Bruce Innards.

I don't think this is the place to be discussing Bruce's innards :wacko:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Views getting repeated over and over is a common feature of any such site... and it takes two sides to do that. 

Coukd just as easily have said that about the Bruce Innards.

I think you may just have come up with an excellent all-purpose group name there.

• Like 1

I want Bruce gone for a multitude of reasons I won't bore people  with again as it's been heard before.

That said I want to be proven wrong as all that matters is promotion at the end of the day and I would like nothing better than all the posters that have defended Bruce to ram my words down my throat when hopefully he gets us promoted and I want to have to admit I' was wrong, as the club is bigger than my anyones personal opinions and I don't really care who gets us promoted as long as we do but he start of the 18/19 season. 

My personal opinions on him aside I'll be right behind him 100% at the start of the season and won't cast further judgements on Bruce and his suitability until at least 5/6 games in as it only fair I give him a chance to redeem himself after last seasons debacle of failures. 

UTV 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I'm expecting we come out all guns blazing Aug 5th, and I'm certainly gonna be critical right away, if I see something I don't like. We have to remember he's then had the magical, mystery preseason, which will make all the difference in the world, or so we've been told.

You don't think a pre season will help? No pressure of winning matches to implement a style and feed instructions..improve fitness levels.. team bonding for 10-12 new players. It takes time.

• Like 3

Just now, KSV said:

You don't think a pre season will help? No pressure of winning matches to implement a style and feed instructions..improve fitness levels.. team bonding for 10-12 new players. It takes time.

Of course I do, therefore my expectations.

Just now, vreitti said:

Of course I do, therefore my expectations.

Time will tell I guess. We all want promotion. I don't care how we get it. As long as we do. Then we can re think the manager position.

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

Could just as easily have said that about the Bruce Innards.

And here I was thinking that the natural name would be the Bruce Inbreeds ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Godders said:

I don't like the term "Bruce out-ers": it's a bit of a mouthful. 

Perhaps there's some sort of portmentau we can come up with on Bruce and out. Brouters? What about exit instead of out. Brexiters maybe? 

count me in as a Brouter

Â