Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, VillaCas said:

Sadly I think that we won't be

(....other things are taking precedence over VT at the moment but just thought I'd comment to brighten your day.....also definitely an analogy rather than a (conditional) syllogism ;) )

Yeah,i know, but i wrote it quick and tried to lighten the post without repeating the same words, but just like football managers, we all get it wrong at times.

to be fair, unless you look in to it with depth its easy to confuse the 2 words on the surface they are similar, with the hindsight of depth there is a distinction granted.

but hey, we should be talking about Aston Villa.

i am still confident for next season.

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Writing to Bruce?

I'd lose respect for him if he gave the time of day to something like that. 

In all honesty, what he says means nothing, it's all about what we see on the pitch and regardless of whether you like him or not, he will be here at the start of the season. The only thing that makes sense here is to wait and see how we play. The standard 'fair crack of the whip' for a manager includes having an entire pre-season to plan, so give him that and then make a judgement. 

I take your point.

just like Martin O'Neill at that charitable dinner......told the audience, never again.

There can be a time, when you think some know less than you, to tell them to **** off.

I was never  a Martin O'Neil fan after the first 2 years.....but that night, i had empathy with him.

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Writing to Bruce?

I'd lose respect for him if he gave the time of day to something like that. 

In all honesty, what he says means nothing, it's all about what we see on the pitch and regardless of whether you like him or not, he will be here at the start of the season. The only thing that makes sense here is to wait and see how we play. The standard 'fair crack of the whip' for a manager includes having an entire pre-season to plan, so give him that and then make a judgement. 

I kinda get it......success or failure.

thats all that matters......no empathy for effort.

encouraging lot aren't we?

Looks like Bruce only gets one shot at it then that tweet is pretty clear, probably rightly so, it will be interesting to see how much Dr Tony back's him if we do get off to a bad start though. A poor points return from teh first 10 games and we're right back where we were last year again. Change manager, no pre-season has to wait till Jan to be able to get own players, rinse and repeat. If he does back Bruce in that situation and Bruce can't turn it around then we'd be getting to Christmas out of touch with the top of the league, Bruce woudl get the boot before the transfer window and the season is a write-off again.

So all the hopes have to be pinned on Bruce doing good work this summer and us coming out of the blocks strongly. Fingers crossed.

22 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

No pressure Steve...

Can't see the Dr giving him much time if we start poorly. 

It's the way it should be. I think he'll have similar to RDM, if we're not strongly challenging that top 2 after 10 games he should be rightly sacked. 

Hoping the Dr will be ruthless. 

• Like 4

If he gets the players in he wants.....there will be no danger we will be challenging alright.

35 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Looks like Bruce only gets one shot at it then that tweet is pretty clear, probably rightly so, it will be interesting to see how much Dr Tony back's him if we do get off to a bad start though. A poor points return from teh first 10 games and we're right back where we were last year again. Change manager, no pre-season has to wait till Jan to be able to get own players, rinse and repeat. If he does back Bruce in that situation and Bruce can't turn it around then we'd be getting to Christmas out of touch with the top of the league, Bruce woudl get the boot before the transfer window and the season is a write-off again.

So all the hopes have to be pinned on Bruce doing good work this summer and us coming out of the blocks strongly. Fingers crossed.

I have always believed you need the right ingredients to get the right team.....His transfer work this summer and the subsequent pre-season work is crucial.

All that in place.....I will be amazed if he doesn't "tear it up" this new season.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I be shocked if he tore it up this season. For all his promotions he has never once won the Championship

There is always a first for everything.....If he gets the right players in, I think we will win it.

and thats talking reasonable, not messi and CR

We are restricted in how much we can spend, but I think with the right blending, there are Free's or low budget players out there who can galvanise our existing talent.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

He didn't get anything out of the players he signed in January. 3 of them went from amazing form to rubbish the instant they signed for him. 

I don't see the magic switch that's being flicked this pre season. 

those 3 played for different clubs with different players around them.....and they need time to settle in to ours.

Its a bit pre-mature to be sarcastically talking about " magic Switches" they have't returned yet ......is Steve Bruce another one to add to your "beef list"

.......However, you must be right.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

those 3 played for different clubs with different players around them.....and they need time to settle in to ours.

Its a bit pre-mature to be sarcastically talking about " magic Switches" they have't returned yet ......is Steve Bruce another one to add to your "beef list"

Let's hope the summer signings don't need half a season to click or we may be too far away to launch any kind of promotion push.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Let's hope the summer signings don't need half a season to click or we may be too far away to launch any kind of promotion push.

I'm hoping we get most of our business done early to give a full pre season together to prevent that from happening. 

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

Thank god for that magical summer pre-season where you just snap your fingers and everything falls into place a la Mary Poppins.

Bildresultat för mary poppins snap fingers gif

...and we'll see a totally transformed Villa side.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I'm hoping we get most of our business done early to give a full pre season together to prevent that from happening. 

That would be the ideal wouldn't it. I do wonder how we will do that as I am sure we will need to move players out as we go....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Well as time moves on and the 7 years of demise becomes a dot on the horizon, it maybe a little easier for a new player to be introduced to a settled team that gives that player a more seamless introduction.

just looking on the bright side.

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

Beef list? How old are we? As far as I know Steve Bruce isn't a racist, violent man who cheats on his wife. I am however concerned with his managerial performance so far. 

You use the excuse it needs time to settle. Does that happen at all clubs? To all players? Seems a coincidence it's happened to all of his signings. 

And I wonder how you feel Lansbury playing DM, hourihane dropped for Bacuna and Hogan asked to challenge for long balls all game has helped them settle? 

The sarcasm about the magic switch is because some people just forget last season and think pre season is going to solve all issues. I'm not sure what's that's based on? We did not see anything implemented from Steve Bruce in 35 games that would suggest promotion was possible under him. 

• Like 4

Â