Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Beef list? How old are we? As far as I know Steve Bruce isn't a racist, violent man who cheats on his wife. I am however concerned with his managerial performance so far. 

You use the excuse it needs time to settle. Does that happen at all clubs? To all players? Seems a coincidence it's happened to all of his signings. 

And I wonder how you feel Lansbury playing DM, hourihane dropped for Bacuna and Hogan asked to challenge for long balls all game has helped them settle? 

The sarcasm about the magic switch is because some people just forget last season and think pre season is going to solve all issues. I'm not sure what's that's based on? We did not see anything implemented from Steve Bruce in 35 games that would suggest promotion was possible under him. 

Have you ever heard of Dwight Yorke?

how long did it take him to come good?.....if you want examples.

exchange " excuse" for "reason"

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I have yes. How does he relate to the points I've made?

Even Dwight Yorke is finding this thread tedious to follow. He just tweeted as much .....

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I have yes. How does he relate to the points I've made?

"You use the excuse it needs time to settle".......did he make an immediate impact..........NO

......do you know....with you its like having to tell them the punch line of a joke.

i'm bored now.

Ps I am old enough to not know all the terminology of todays internet.......but are you what they call a troll?

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

"You use the excuse it needs time to settle".......did he make an immediate impact..........NO

......do you know....with you its like having to tell them the punch line of a joke.

i'm bored now.

Ps I am old enough to not know all the terminology of todays internet.......but are you what they call a troll?

Come on that's weak. So Dwight Yorke, a young kid who came from a completely different country needed time so everyone does? 

I don't remember Carew and Young struggling when they joined in January. See I can come up with pointless examples as well. 

Like I said, how did playing lansbury DM help him settle and get the best from him? How did dropping hourihane for bacuna help one of the league's best performing midfielders settle? How did lumping balls to Hogan help him settle. 

I love the fact because I dislike disgusting behaviour from people and don't have faith in Steve Bruce, that to you, that makes me a troll. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Come on that's weak. So Dwight Yorke, a young kid who came from a completely different country needed time so everyone does? 

I don't remember Carew and Young struggling when they joined in January. See I can come up with pointless examples as well. 

Like I said, how did playing lansbury DM help him settle and get the best from him? How did dropping hourihane for bacuna help one of the league's best performing midfielders settle? How did lumping balls to Hogan help him settle. 

I love the fact because I dislike disgusting behaviour from people and don't have faith in Steve Bruce, that to you, that makes me a troll. 

you're like a dog with a bone.:)

bye

Edited by TRO

I'm all for Bruce having a go now and am maybe 60/40 that he will succeed. 

But I don't agree he needs to be in the Top 2 after 10 games..... he needs to be there pretty much from the 'off', certainly by the end of August. 

Simply because we either average 2 points ( or more) per game - or we are in the lucky dip of play off contenders, which would be nowhere near good enough given the investment in the squad and the time he's had.

It doesn't take 10 games to fund that out - and we can't afford to leave it if it's not happening.

Theres a break after August - top 2 when that arrives ( with a wee bit of flexibility but very little) or he could be in trouble.

FWIW I think we will be top 2. Presumably Tony does too !

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 2

I am not Bruce biggest fan.. his football has been dire thus far. However, surely we all realise what a shambles this club was left in for the good Doctor and new managers to try and turn around. Having let go RDM didnt help. 

I cant stress this enough. We have such a big squad of players bought by different managers. Players bought by Lambert.. Sherwood RDM and now Bruce. This may not seem a big issue at first.. but when it comes down to it.. players join clubs alot of the time as they spoke with the manager in charge. When they leave... they can feel unwanted by the new manager and have different feelings to the new one etc. The squad in a way doesnt appear to be pulling the same direction. So a massive clear out was done and still is required. Bruce has brought in a good core who havent hit the ground running as its hard to implement a style half way through a season. We brought far too many in January and tried to throw them in a system (Bjarnason probalby the biggest culprit). 

Now.. we sack Bruce that came in January (alot of them said it was because of Bruce) may also need to be replaced by a new manager and its just restarting again. This is the first manager in 3 years or so to have TWO transfer windows in a row to BUILD on their squad. We have been far too choppy lately and we require a period of stability. Steve Bruce is proven and got promoted the season before we got him.. so we cant call him a dinosaur. He deserves this pre season to adapt his players.. add more players he feels is required.. he clearly believes he needs more experienced players. Lets see who he brings in.. lets see him get the players as fit as he wants and lets see him implement his system in pre season and see how we go next season. 

I understand the risk involved.. we wait and we lose our first 5 from 8 games.. then suddenly we may sack him for poor form. We restart again anyway..  but i just cant see who we can bring in that can fix this side. I dont think we can go the young manager route.. not at this club at this time.. theres just too much pressure and expectation. I think Bruce can turn it around. 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

DrT will sack Bruce after the Bristol game.

You heard it here first chaps. And Tro will have a lot of explaining to do

I've copied and pasted this to my file of 'things grasshopper claims will happen, in his opinion of course'

• Like 2

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

I've copied and pasted this to my file of 'things grasshopper claims will happen, in his opinion of course'

did any come true ?

or did I fail ? ( like a certain AV employee)

21 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

DrT will sack Bruce after the Bristol game.

You heard it here first chaps. And Tro will have a lot of explaining to do

I think he'll be gone before Christmas.

I hope I'm wrong because I like him as a man, but after what I saw last season I'm not convinced he'll ever be the man to take us back up.

• Like 1

Can we just close this thread until after the first game of the season, it's gone round in circles for the last 2 months...

I'm starting to find the Brexit debate more exciting than the Bruce In/Out one...

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Quite simply you Bruce Outers, if you are wrong we shall all need either financial compensation for what you have done, or some sort of public humiliation - a simple change of heart will not suffice. 

Imagine how rich Villa Talk would be if they stumped up £20 each... ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Quite simply you Bruce Outers, if you are wrong we shall all need either financial compensation for what you have done, or some sort of public humiliation - a simple change of heart will not suffice. 

Old-Ledger.jpg

The ledger shall be updated accordingly

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Carew hit the ground running but Young did struggle when he first arrived.  Didn't really do much until the following season.

Â