Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, TRO said:

so I think you have a very miserable time ahead of waiting for him to fail and subsequently we sign a new one......  

I guess I'll have take some solace in spending some quality time with my GF, enjoy getting back to work again & getting my handicap down

23 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I guess I'll have take some solace in spending some quality time with my GF, enjoy getting back to work again & getting my handicap down

What's your handicap? 

9 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

A very recent result put paid to all that this season.

I dont want the club to take the risk.

New manager please

Just wondering how the club would look sacking a manager who has won 7 out of the last 8 games?

Remember the reaction to Birmingham sacking Rowett? AVFC would look every bit as comical if Bruce was given his P45 and who would come here after that?

40 minutes ago, striker said:

Just wondering how the club would look sacking a manager who has won 7 out of the last 8 games?

Remember the reaction to Birmingham sacking Rowett? AVFC would look every bit as comical if Bruce was given his P45 and who would come here after that?

Zola will probably be looking for a job quite soon.

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am actually looking forward to a quiet summer with the same manager, getting time to get the best out of the team. It makes a change.

Same here.

Looking forward to knowing who most of the team are in preseason too, and seeing the improvements in their games with familiarity.

It will also be nice to see how the few new signings will fit in with a settled team, not 11 strangers on a pitch.

On 10/04/2017 at 22:36, NottingVilla said:

28% possession explains why they are in a relegation battle and despite the "disaster" at Arsenal they are top 6...

.....meanwhile we are a midtable Championship who have found our level under Bruce.

Suggest you take a look at how Leicester won a league last season, and how both Atelico Madrid and Dortmund have done well in the champions league over the past years.  Of which Arsenal haven't got passed the second round.

Theres room for the style of footy if you have the right players.  Like us under MON.  Just only you need to fit and use your squad.  

I'm gobsmacked there is talk on these pages of Bruce being sacked. We got results when he started, he had a bad patch, now we are on a good patch.  If we hadnt had started so badly under RDM then maybe we'd be in a play off place.  With the midfield we have now I think the higher end of that wouldve been achievable under Bruce.  The pretty stuff isnt there but the results are coming.....roll on next season I say

Above all I think Bruce is a pragmatist. He brought good players in and threw caution to the wind, unfortunately we then had the wobble. His sole aim at that point was to stop our losing streak and to start winning games to rebuild confidence. That style continued whilst we had the glimmer of a play off spot. 

Now that we are preparing for next season I expect he'll take a different approach and start to evolve the style of play in readiness for the start of next season. 

Off the pitch he still has a huge job to trim the squad to optimal levels. Gabby, Richards, McCormack, Gil, Sanchez, Vertout etc all need to be integrated or moved on. Some additions are also still required but what we need most is a relatively boring summer where all the work is done on the training pitch at Bodymoor Heath.

Bruce will get us up next season, I have no doubt. 

Edited by McGregor's Ghost

This time last year things were so so bad, and this year things are looking much, much better. I didn't even think we had a chance of the play offs and to have a brief moment when it seemed possible is so far from where we were last year. A lot of that is down to Tony, but I put a lot of it down to Bruce too. Exited about the future again now, rather than dreading it like last year.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'm conflicted with him. His results and our form recently show he deserves the chance next season, but the way we play makes me think he won't get us promoted and we're wasting our time with him. 

I'm in a similar boat. 

18 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'm conflicted with him. His results and our form recently show he deserves the chance next season, but the way we play makes me think he won't get us promoted and we're wasting our time with him. 

My impression is he will get us promoted but at best make us relegation survivors each season

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

My impression is he will get us promoted but at best make us relegation survivors each season

That's literally all we need him to do.

We should then be employing someone else to take us further.

• Like 4

Â