Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

44 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Think it's fair to say that bruce has been better than garde, black and Sherwood combined. Soon to hopefully be included in the list is lambert

I'd say he has already done better than Lambert.Lambert started the rot. Bruce has had to rebuild the confidence and the ethos.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I'd say he has already done better than Lambert.Lambert started the rot. Bruce has had to rebuild the confidence and the ethos.

The thing is lambert wasn't that bad in his first season his final two were dreadful so i think Bruce won't take much more to be better!

26 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Again, you just can't argue with the results. It's a fantastic run of form. Clearly showing i was foolish to panic, glad those at the top didn't. 

I wouldn't say I'm 100% convinced he will get us promoted but he's clearly doing enough to be given that opportunity. 

This is me too. Credit where credit is due

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Again, you just can't argue with the results. It's a fantastic run of form. Clearly showing i was foolish to panic, glad those at the top didn't. 

I wouldn't say I'm 100% convinced he will get us promoted but he's clearly doing enough to be given that opportunity. 

I echo these thoughts. 

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Things aren't perfect but they are significantly improved and a crucial thing for me is the contribution of the players Bruce has signed to our current form. That I think is a real positive because I think he will carry out mulore surgery in the summer.

I wanted to see momentum over the remainder of the season and right now we have it. We are scoring more (still not enough) and the number of clean sheets shouldn't go without mention.

Positive signs even if still some way to go. Roll on the summer.

I think the majority of the transfer work is sorted - maybe 2 or 3 In the summer but will be coming iNto a more settled team and all bodes well for a good start next season

• Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

I think the majority of the transfer work is sorted - maybe 2 or 3 In the summer but will be coming iNto a more settled team and all bodes well for a good start next season

I think there will be more comings and goings than that, I think we will sign 5 or 6.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I think there will be more comings and goings than that, I think we will sign 5 or 6.

Really ? I think we need a keeper, centre half and defensive midfied back up maybe one more dependIng on departures - wyness suggested we will be far less active than recent times and I'd hope there's not major surgery needed as it takes time to bed in .

the nucleus is there if a good team and needs a bit of tinkering  in a couple of positions.

• Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

Really ? 

Yes. I think 5 or 6 will be the number of arrivals and I think if anything it will be more rather than less.

But that's for another day, the summer is still some way off but they are already looking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Lambert kept us up on a nothing budget for a few years. I'd say he was there at the time of the rot, but the rot i blame on only one person. Lerner.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes. I think 5 or 6 will be the number of arrivals and I think if anything it will be more rather than less.

But that's for another day, the summer is still some way off but they are already looking.

I guess a lot will depend on who departs , but if recruitment is as good as January I will be happy .

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Proving he is unquestionably the right man for the job IMO

I had lost patience and wanted him sacked the game before this run started. He's well and truly won me back around.

**** pretty football for the time being, we're winning almost every game.

29 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Wow.

Do you think they are being ambitious?

As in going the extra mile amd trying to sign Prem quality players in advance?

Seems we are trying to build a seriously strong squad! As well as youth I would assume.

57 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Lambert kept us up on a nothing budget for a few years. I'd say he was there at the time of the rot, but the rot i blame on only one person. Lerner.

We had one really bad year before Lambert. He then made us worse the longer he spent and really cemented a losing mentality. Anyway that's for a different thread. 

At the moment Bruce is not making us worse the longer he spends with us. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, striker said:

Glad to see Bruce shovelling criticism back down my throat. Long may it continue.

Winning ugly is an art in this division - today was one we did to perfection although there have been many times we've played better and lost .

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Well chuffed with Mr Bruce, I'm still really confused why we had that dreadful run just after his initial honeymoon period.

Further disruption.....when you are trying to build your way back it's brittle and you lose your talisman.....the team had a wobble, losing their main man.

its all part and parcel of getting your overall strength back......look at Johnstone and his turn around.

Â