Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Full backs at left and right midfield , CM at Centre back 

remind me again how we have the right man for the job

ok , the season is dead and we are experimenting but I expect to see Hogan in goal after 45 mins on current form 

injuries.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Well chuffed with Mr Bruce, I'm still really confused why we had that dreadful run just after his initial honeymoon period.

No Kodja, a completely new midfield and very bad luck.

edit : Forgot to mention a keeper that was scared ****less and a team completely devoid of confidence.

But the biggest reason of all.  Jed getting injured!!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

We're doing well, admittedly it hasn't been pretty, but this league doesn't really promote that anyway (playing on a pitch with potholes like today for instance). It's just a shame we had the bad run over January as we'd be right up there.  Well done, Steve.  Thanks for admitting the poor run hurt us this season too.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Well chuffed with Mr Bruce, I'm still really confused why we had that dreadful run just after his initial honeymoon period.

because we lost kodge and jed for like a month . And had a loan keeper with no confidence

Steve Bruce doing what Steve Bruce does at this level. Getting results. It may not be the prettiest (I haven't seen today but by all accounts it was a turgid game), but results count. With his team I fully expect automatic promotion next season.

Great run he has us on now, well done for that.

But...Continues to frustrate !

For an hour he persevered with something that really wasn't even worth starting with, although I can JUST about see his reasoning as they'd got a result last week and a couple only just back .

At times we had a back six, at times even more. Apart from the obvious problems it meant whenever we won the ball there was nobody in front of the play other than Kodja.

Im afraid I still see too many examples if it. Not a shot second half.

But, a big PLUS for - belatedly- changing us back into something resembling a football team.

Amazing what a difference it made playing a decent aggressive, positive midfielder instead of a poor defensive one and a striker instead of a fourth full back. Not to mention a winger on the wing.

Talk about self inflicted problems again.

And once the team got used to there being a functioning midfield, they used it and we looked good.

Every time he lets us play football we look good. Every time he is over cautious we look poor.

Hopeful and confident he will abandon the latter approach sooner or later.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

I was starting to have doubts about Bruce, but i have to hand it to him. He's had to work with a very broken team/club.

I think after the last few bad seasons that I'm very quick to judge a few bas results. I'm just going to have to trust Bruce because he's obviously good at what he does and I think with time we will become a very solid side. Well done, Bruce.

• Like 3

Â