Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I backed him with this new system but that was a joke today. It wasn't 3atb at all it was 5. He set us up with 5 defenders to try and not lose against Ipswich. Embarrassing. 

He's **** this up massively. The football we're playing is some of the worst I've ever seen. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

It's a huge decision. Warburton, Rowett, Klinsmann. 

Pay compensation and try to get Dyche, Smith, the Huddersfield guy everyone was moist for.. 

Honestly I have no idea. I know Bruce is failing and given his history, he was never going to get long here if things turned. 

I think Xia will stay the course with Bruce for now. I hope he doesn't, changes course and brings someone else in. Who that is? That's a subject for another topic.. 

You may as well go ahead and start one, Sam. The present incumbent is a dead parrot.

• Like 1

we havent even got rid of Bruce yet and we are looking at new managers....

but Rowett nooooooooooo. Dont be fooled what he did with that rabble. The wheels were coming off when he got the chop. Apart from the top3/4 this division is shite and anyone can beat anyone.

Speak to any nose (if you really have to) and the majority will tell you the football was negative under him, although they got results.

If Bruce does get the sack or walks we need a totally different approach. We cant keep doing the crash and burn, we have to learn lessons and get in a younger progressive manager. imo. 

Well the match day performances are x rated, but we simply don't know what is going on at BMH

unless we do know......we can only yield to speculation.

There are now more questions than answers, but even Steve Bruce knows we can't continue like this.

I think the problem is with fixing a job as big as ours is, you need to see little bits of improvement amongst all the continuing rubbish and as the percentage of good over bad rises you gradually crawl out of it.

I haven't really seen that since Cardiff.

just as an example......giving the ball away cheaply has been with us for years and despite the change of so many players and managers......we still have this dastardly problem, that even alone, will drag us down, without the other issues.

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I **** hate 3-5-2, unless you've got a genius Italian manager and not a bunch of Championship cloggers in the team.  

To be honest it looks like Bruce has just seen it on TV and thought why dont we try that, it works for Chelsea. He has no plan of how he wants us to play its just a hit and hope every week. If the manager doesn't have a plan how are the players supposed to play well? If he wants to play 5-3-2 which is apparently what it was today then why didn't he set us up like that from day one. 

Edited by villa89

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

The problem with asking for time is.......how long is reasonable?

5 losses and a draw in the last 6 games suggests that it is reasonable to expect a change soon if things don't improve.  We're currently in freefall. 

If we fail to get a result in the next game I have a feeling he will be gone. 

Edited by trekka

Bruce is already too afraid to try and win the game in case we lose so sets us out not to lose, which is incredibly negative and defeatist.

we've seen it with Mcleish, lambert, sherwood, garden and now Bruce.

its a sign for me that the job is too big for them and they cannot handle the expectation of the fans and club.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, imavillan said:

we havent even got rid of Bruce yet and we are looking at new managers....

but Rowett nooooooooooo. Dont be fooled what he did with that rabble. The wheels were coming off when he got the chop. Apart from the top3/4 this division is shite and anyone can beat anyone.

Speak to any nose (if you really have to) and the majority will tell you the football was negative under him, although they got results.

If Bruce does get the sack or walks we need a totally different approach. We cant keep doing the crash and burn, we have to learn lessons and get in a younger progressive manager. imo. 

Absolutely agree and I blame the head honcho's they went for the quick fix and it ain't worked.

we need a plan/solution call it what you will for the next 3-5 years where tangible progress can be seen or felt. No more dinosaur talk - fat Sam please lord no. I don't mind staying in this division so long as progress can be made. I would love a villa man in charge someone we can relate to - similar to when Brian came home although I'm not sure who or where they are- maybe Platty alongside a wise old owl - possibly Brian ??. This said I'm still not calling for Bruce to go despite my reservations - however with each passing game his tenure is coming under more and more pressure and scrutiny and I'm wondering if he can ride this out, I'm not convinced he can ?

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Bruce is already too afraid to try and win the game in case we lose so sets us out not to lose, which is incredibly negative and defeatist.

we've seen it with Mcleish, lambert, sherwood, garden and now Bruce.

its a sign for me that the job is too big for them and they cannot handle the expectation of the fans and club.

In all fairness hindsight tells us that Lambert & McCleish ( damm it) were working to remit.

• Like 1

As long as I've been a villa fan, we've needed managers to come in and get instant results. I really think this is the point we bring someone in who can try and build something at this club long term. We're probably not going up next year so let's look for that young progressive forward thinking manager. I'd rather give someone like that time than Steve Bruce and his long ball defensive game plan. 

• Like 1

Â